Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 3500 W/Air Suspension

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

3500 W/Air Suspension

I'm approaching 100k on my truck that is a SRW 3500 with auto level rear suspension.

I was thinking of replacing the front coils, but all after market say 2 to 2.5 inch lift, and was wondering if anyone out there has done that and left the rear intact.

I'm not sure how that would pan out if it does raise the nose and the rear is stock.

Would the rear level out, or would I have to block it up 2".

I may just leave it as is, or if anything, just put new stock heights back on.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed!!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 3500 W/Air Suspension

Either Carli or Thuren have front coils that are near stock height 0.5 to 1” if you are not wanting a 2-2.5” lift coil.

Are you wanting to level it or just replace the springs as preventive maintenance?

If the latter, why not replace the shocks and call it a day?

2018 srw 3500

3. Likes Mdavlee liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NonFord View Post
    I'm approaching 100k on my truck that is a SRW 3500 with auto level rear suspension.

I was thinking of replacing the front coils, but all after market say 2 to 2.5 inch lift, and was wondering if anyone out there has done that and left the rear intact.

I'm not sure how that would pan out if it does raise the nose and the rear is stock.

Would the rear level out, or would I have to block it up 2".

I may just leave it as is, or if anything, just put new stock heights back on.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed!!!
    I have quite a few customers who do this. Thuren also makes some rear air links to raise the rear a little bit for your system. I don't have them on my site yet but ill send you the link so you can take a look at them. They state they are for a 2500 but i can check with them to see if they would work on your truck. I don't see why they wouldn't but i always like to verify something i don't know to save the headache for both of us LOL!

Like stated you can always do the smaller springs if you do not want to go up to high in size and you will still get that awesome ride quality that thuren and carli produce so well. I'm a big Thuren fan because of their customer support and the quality of products. Plus it's a little cheaper then carli and that never hurt anything.

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/pr...ks-1-lift.html

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes Mdavlee liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    I have quite a few customers who do this. Thuren also makes some rear air links to raise the rear a little bit for your system. I don't have them on my site yet but ill send you the link so you can take a look at them. They state they are for a 2500 but i can check with them to see if they would work on your truck. I don't see why they wouldn't but i always like to verify something i don't know to save the headache for both of us LOL!

Like stated you can always do the smaller springs if you do not want to go up to high in size and you will still get that awesome ride quality that thuren and carli produce so well. I'm a big Thuren fan because of their customer support and the quality of products. Plus it's a little cheaper then carli and that never hurt anything.

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/pr...ks-1-lift.html

Hah, didn't know Thuren made the .5 option.

I think I may try them out.

I did put Eibach shocks on all 4 corners.

First Eibach experience and was totally impressed.

All the talk about rears and air suspension, I took a gamble and am happy.

Truck rides nice, I carry a camper and that's why I was thinking of changing out the coils.

Part of my pm in advance...

Thanks for the input fellas!!

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You're very welcome!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com