Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Hauling Deleted in US and Canada

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hauling Deleted in US and Canada

I have a 2016 3500 with 6.7 HO, Aisin transmission and 4.1 gears.

I need to haul a loaded trailer from Michigan to Alaska that will weigh more than 10K but under my GVWR.

I'm considering deleting my truck but am concerned that DOT weigh stations in US or Canada may ticket me if I am deleted.

I am noncomercial.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hauling Deleted in US and Canada

Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post

I need to haul a loaded trailer from Michigan to Alaska that will weigh more than 10K but under my GVWR.

I'm considering deleting my truck but am concerned that DOT weigh stations in US or Canada may ticket me if I am deleted.

I am noncomercial.
    I have made several trips between Alaska and Utah and Alaska and Minnesota hauling 15K fifth wheel non commercial never stopped for a weight station.

Vehicle was never inspected at the boarders or anywhere in route.

Hope this helps.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Mdavlee thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, Mdavlee liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dbs View Post

I am noncomercial.
    That's a tough one right there.

Hopefully someone can help ya out.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I will be hauling a backhoe loader. I'm assuming you were hauling and RV. Wondering if that may make a difference.

I have made several trips between Alaska and Utah and Alaska and Minnesota hauling 15K fifth wheel non commercial never stopped for a weight station.

The vehicle was never inspected at the boarders or anywhere in route.

Hope this helps.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Hauling Deleted in US and Canada

Correct, fifth wheel toy hauler.

I have the same question not sure if what you are hauling non-commercial makes a difference.

Earlier today I PM’d @DDP with the same question.

He or someone else may chime in on this with more information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sorry for the delay.

Second job had me busy as heck today.

It will depend on the state if im not mistake for the weigh stations.

If you are over weight according to their laws and regulations then you may have to stop at a weigh station to pay their heavy haul or road tax or whatever the heck it is they get you for.

There is a link that somewhat explains it but it's best to check with the different states.

Even though you are non commercial some states may require it if you are over a certain weight. DOT could possibly ticket you but thats a risk you would have to be willing to take.

They are getting more and more in depth with the deletes and what not so be prepared.

Most people towing a 5th wheel have no issues but if you have a flat bed trailer with a piece of equipment it's only natural for someone to think you are towing without numbers and may pull you over.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I agree with Clayton which is it could be considered a gamble. I work for a small construction company and we tow our own skid steers and equipment on gooseneck or flat trailers. My understanding is since we are not for hire and towing our own equipment we are not mandated to stop at weigh stations or have inspections.

Knock on wood We’ve never had any issues. We travel a lot on east coast and out to Midwest. Not a ton from Midwest to west but I don’t think I would personally do anything different in any of the states.

Main point being even if DOT pulled me and asked questions I am not for hire.

As for the emission part I would think they’d have to call Johnny law to write a citation since technically DOT wouldn’t have jurisdiction? Just my initial thought.

That is one reason I like DRD setup. I’ve got all emission equipment under the hood still and my exhaust which has resonator is the only thing that seems out of place. Resonator could be mistaken for DPF or muffler I think at a glance.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post