Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: DPF Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

DPF Question

Hey everybody, I'm suppose to help my buddy upgrade his 16 Ram. Well he decided to install the tunes and has to drive the truck close to 60 miles to bring the truck to me to do the exhaust and EGR "upgrade". My question is, is it even safe for him to drive it that far tuned with all the stock components still in place? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: DPF Question

Quote Originally Posted by BCH View Post
    Hey everybody, I'm suppose to help my buddy upgrade his 16 Ram. Well he decided to install the tunes and has to drive the truck close to 60 miles to bring the truck to me to do the exhaust and EGR "upgrade". My question is, is it even safe for him to drive it that far tuned with all the stock components still in place? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Not sure myself....would think it would go into limp mode before reaching 60 miles but I'm sure someone else will chime in with better knowledge than myself cant speak from experience cause I deleted everything immediately after loading tunes. I did crank the truck up before deleting but didn't drive it

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Not sure either perhaps he can flash it back to stock before leaving. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I dont think it will make a difference as long as you are extremely easy on the skinny pedal.

If you hit it hard at all the back pressure would be really high.

Or at least thats my 3 cents.

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Alright fellas, thanks for the help! I think he needs to pull the tune back out and put it back to stock till he can get the truck here. Thanks again.

8. Likes AK Bob, Opie15 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Return to stock first or he risks plugging the DPF which will cause other problems.

10. Likes Opie15 liked this post