Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Front License Plate Bracket and Better Mounts

1. Top Of Page | #1

Front License Plate Bracket and Better Mounts

First, we don't need to hear how great you are or your state is, as only one plate is required, good for you!

Second we don't need to hear how you think this is stupid.... good for you. Some of us want this.

So I searched this on this forum, and could not find it.

So I found this in another forum, for fourth Gen RAMS (afaik 1500-5500 but it may only be 2500-5500) the PN is 68375635AA should cost ~$25.00 with shipping.

20200216_012401.jpg

20200216_012324.jpg

I then cut an "X" in my winter [cold weather] cover for the bottom holes of the license plate holder.

Problem is for more then one use the pieces on the bracket suck..... so I removed them [used pliers and ripped them off, flush side cutters would work well. ]

20200215_154651.jpg

So I called and asked for the oem plastic push ins that is for the front license plate- [ sorry I dont have pn I called and asked for them, was'd given them for free from the dealers "bulk drawer" and wasn't about to complain] I did get four [did not want to reuse my originals].

20200215_154653.jpg

I don't have a after picture but it looks the same as the first pic in this post I swear [although those pics are from the first install] it may stick out slightly... can't tell with the winter cover in place. It's not spring yet, I may " counter sink " the bracket a bit but I doubt it. I will say it feels far more solid this way.

Those with a "2 hole bumper" while I can't speak to the contour but I have read it works by cutting off the unused 2 mounts and just using 2 screws.

It is a license plate mounting kit so you get 6 screws. 4 for the front 2 for the rear. If you are like me [read: analretentive] you like all screws in holes made for them. You can now put all 4 screws in the rear license plate (the starter holes are already there!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes InlineSix.7, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Front License Plate Bracket and Better Mounts

That looks good man! Very factory looking.

For future reference those square clips for the screws can be found in the bulk drawers at larger hardware/home improvement stores. I got my replacements at Lowe's.

Greg

2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post