Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  67
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helping out Dad.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cool Helping out Dad.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Sam and I am here to learn more about my Dad's 2012 2500. We deleted it a while back but, we used a "now legit" tuner and the ECM/TCM tunes SUCK. The truck is tuned via an Efilive auto cal. He spent a ridiculous amount of money for a SOTF, exhaust, EGR delete kit. That's it. The trucks converter lock up shift is atrocious and shifts like snowflake driving a manual for the first time. His mileage is worse in town due to high shift points as well. I sold him on the truck 3 years ago cause he got a 100k mile 2012 2500 Longhorn for $27,999. I have good friends. Personally, I owned my cummins diesel years ago and it was an 2004.5 2/+1.5 doors. That`s why I sold it. The seating was to small for a family. Yeah Yeah shoot me I own a 2015.5 LML duramax ccsb now. I love it. I love all diesels. I have own 10+ diesels. I just don't have any real experience on tuning 10-12 2500's. I have beeeeennnnnn scolded almost shot for NOT telling him to use a MM3 and "DrDre - re=great". I am going to stick around for many years. This is his last truck, I hate to say. He always wanted a nice truck and this thing is still CLEAN!!! I talked my Dad and Mom into moving to Texas after they retired. They did and we love having them here. He is really upset with the performance of the truck and wants to use it to haul their 5th wheel around. I have to get this right and I'm willing to make it happen. Just thought I'd make a intro as why I'm here.

Thank you for the welcomes and time.

Last edited by Munger; 02-16-2020 at 04:06 AM. Reason: last sentence

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Helping out Dad.

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome @Munger

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome @Munger
    Enjoy our forum!

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome!!!

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Munger View Post
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Sam and I am here to learn more about my Dad's 2012 2500. We deleted it a while back but, we used a "now legit" tuner and the ECM/TCM tunes SUCK. The truck is tuned via an Efilive auto cal. He spent a ridiculous amount of money for a SOTF, exhaust, EGR delete kit. That's it. The trucks converter lock up shift is atrocious and shifts like snowflake driving a manual for the first time. His mileage is worse in town due to high shift points as well. I sold him on the truck 3 years ago cause he got a 100k mile 2012 2500 Longhorn for $27,999. I have good friends. Personally, I owned my cummins diesel years ago and it was an 2004.5 2/+1.5 doors. That`s why I sold it. The seating was to small for a family. Yeah Yeah shoot me I own a 2015.5 LML duramax ccsb now. I love it. I love all diesels. I have own 10+ diesels. I just don't have any real experience on tuning 10-12 2500's. I have beeeeennnnnn scolded almost shot for NOT telling him to use a MM3 and "DrDre - re=great". I am going to stick around for many years. This is his last truck, I hate to say. He always wanted a nice truck and this thing is still CLEAN!!! I talked my Dad and Mom into moving to Texas after they retired. They did and we love having them here. He is really upset with the performance of the truck and wants to use it to haul their 5th wheel around. I have to get this right and I'm willing to make it happen. Just thought I'd make a intro as why I'm here.

Thank you for the welcomes and time.
    Welcome Sam!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

9. Likes cumminsbadgirl, david3gen, dodgemark liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well since he has Autocal, it might be most cost effective to stay with a place that uses the platform.

I went the other way from a Duramax to a Cummins.

Two main reasons was wanted a solid front axle and not the CP4 fuel pump.

Prior to making and tuning changes, I would trend desired transmission pressure vs actual.

That way you can rule out a transmission problem. If the two values are close, then ask the current tuner to unlock/link the Autocal then reach out to another.

Staying with a single tow tune to determine if the shifting is to his liking.

Keep in mind it might take 50-100 miles for the transmission to relearn.

2018 srw 3500

11. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crshanta View Post
    Well since he has Autocal, it might be most cost effective to stay with a place that uses the platform.

I went the other way from a Duramax to a Cummins.

Two main reasons was wanted a solid front axle and not the CP4 fuel pump.

Prior to making and tuning changes, I would trend desired transmission pressure vs actual.

That way you can rule out a transmission problem. If the two values are close, then ask the current tuner to unlock/link the Autocal then reach out to another.

Staying with a single tow tune to determine if the shifting is to his liking.

Keep in mind it might take 50-100 miles for the transmission to relearn.
    Yeah, that's the issue. It's my autocal I carry all the time. LML's run better on single tunes. So, it's linked to a very could good duramax tuner. He doesn't do Cummins. Plus, my Dad does not have a monitor. I am trying to get him to understand that he REALLY needs one to watch what going on.

I may just buy it for him...MM3 tuner(s),egt probe, and a DIY trans kit. We are very capable of turning wrenches and we have access to a lift.

Mine 2015 GMC 2500 SLT.

Dad 2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn.

13. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast