Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MM3 tuning

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 tuning

I know they sell switches online.

I just dont want to shell out and then find out it is required in the tune when it is written.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Agreed.

Not worth a re-tune just for the switch.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Is there anyone here that can give us an answer on adding a SOTF switch for the MM3?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdh1168 View Post
    Is there anyone here that can give us an answer on adding a SOTF switch for the MM3?
    @MM3 Power

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I was in touch with folks at that website and all I can figure out is that I asked too many questions.

Since I had the MM3 installed when I bought my truck - there is no sale to be made. After that I found this website and joined it to try to get answers.

I am fine paying someone to answer questions. I am looking for help but do not expect charity. I do not need anyone to work for free.

But, I have no manual, nor do I have a dealer or tuner because the tuner came with the truck and I have NO idea who or where the tuning came from and also do not know if my MM3 has box tunes or custom tunes.

After finding this website I figured I could get some of the answers by joining and was essentially promised that access.

After chasing my tail here I think I will just save up for a new EFI setup and stick with that.

At least with EFI I can get tuners that answer questions and I am familiar with setting them up and can find people that will be willing to let me pay them for dump timing.

A tuning platform that offers custom tuning and has no support system or accessible vendors isn’t much of a platform on the customer side of counter.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I was in touch with folks at that website and all I can figure out is that I asked too many questions.

Since I had the MM3 installed when I bought my truck - there is no sale to be made. After that I found this website and joined it to try to get answers.

I am fine paying someone to answer questions. I am looking for help but do not expect charity. I do not need anyone to work for free.

But, I have no manual, nor do I have a dealer or tuner because the tuner came with the truck and I have NO idea who or where the tuning came from and also do not know if my MM3 has box tunes or custom tunes.

After finding this website I figured I could get some of the answers by joining and was essentially promised that access.

After chasing my tail here I think I will just save up for a new EFI setup and stick with that.

At least with EFI I can get tuners that answer questions and I am familiar with setting them up and can find people that will be willing to let me pay them for dump timing.

A tuning platform that offers custom tuning and has no support system or accessible vendors isn’t much of a platform on the customer side of counter.
    What questions do you have?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

The MM3 was installed in the truck by the previous owner/builder so I have zero information on the tuner of the truck.

I would like to know if I can add a SOTF switch or is that something that has to be specifically written into the tuning?

Can anyone point me to a shop that has a dyno that is familiar with MM3 and is willing to let me pay them to dyno tune the truck.

The truck runs decent but believe dyno tuning will greatly improvement it.

I have a 14 3500 with a single turbo and EFI with a built transmission that is much heavier that runs circles around this SRW shortbed.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

The MM3 was installed in the truck by the previous owner/builder so I have zero information on the tuner of the truck.

I would like to know if I can add a SOTF switch or is that something that has to be specifically written into the tuning?

Can anyone point me to a shop that has a dyno that is familiar with MM3 and is willing to let me pay them to dyno tune the truck.

The truck runs decent but believe dyno tuning will greatly improvement it.

I have a 14 3500 with a single turbo and EFI with a built transmission that is much heavier that runs circles around this SRW shortbed.
    You can add a SOTF Switch without retuning as long as you have the Switch update.

As for a Dyno it depends on where you live, but with the EPA on the hunt most shops aren't letting modified diesels in their shops.

Is there anyway you can contact the previous owner to see who tuned it?

Hope that helps,
    igotacummins

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Ok, so if I buy a switch and install it and it does not have the update will it screw anything up?

I have sent a request to DMV in NJ and am waiting a response but not holding my breath for useful info.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Ok, so if I buy a switch and install it and it does not have the update will it screw anything up?

I have sent a request to DMV in NJ and am waiting a response but not holding my breath for useful info.
    It just won't work.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast