Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reinstall Emissions Equipment

1. Top Of Page | #1

Reinstall Emissions Equipment

Hey all,

New to the forum.

Looking for some help on re-installing my emissions equipment and had a few questions.

Anyone have a step by step on how to install these items back on with pictures or a video?

I want to get it put it back on, does anyone have any actual figures on how much it costs to re-install the EGR components, DPF components, and OEM exhaust at a dealer?

I have the equipment, just maybe missing some odds and ends with maybe some missing gaskets, or bolts....

Has anyone had any trouble asking the dealer to do the swap back to stock?

Anyone have any issues with their truck after getting everything put back on?

I'm not really comfortable doing this myself as I do not want to "brick" my truck and not be able to get it to a dealer or mechanic.

- 2012 Ram 2500 3.73 rear end SLT/Lonestar
    - Sinister EGR Delete
    - AFE Intake horn (supports throttle valve delete)
    - 4" Turbo back exhaust with muffler
    - H&S MM with the 4 basic tunes (Stock, Tow, Street, Performance)
    - H&S OD transmission tune

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Reinstall Emissions Equipment

@lookingstock

Never did this .. but hang in there, someone will chime in

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum!!
    Any performance diesel shop can do this work for you. No need to go back to the dealership as long as you have the tuner to return to stock programming. As for cost, expect shop rate x 4-5 hours as long as all your factory components are in good working order.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

7. Likes Thomas1960, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Likes Thomas1960, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lookingstock View Post
    Hey all,

New to the forum.

Looking for some help on re-installing my emissions equipment and had a few questions.

Anyone have a step by step on how to install these items back on with pictures or a video?

I want to get it put it back on, does anyone have any actual figures on how much it costs to re-install the EGR components, DPF components, and OEM exhaust at a dealer?

I have the equipment, just maybe missing some odds and ends with maybe some missing gaskets, or bolts....

Has anyone had any trouble asking the dealer to do the swap back to stock?

Anyone have any issues with their truck after getting everything put back on?

I'm not really comfortable doing this myself as I do not want to "brick" my truck and not be able to get it to a dealer or mechanic.

- 2012 Ram 2500 3.73 rear end SLT/Lonestar
    - Sinister EGR Delete
    - AFE Intake horn (supports throttle valve delete)
    - 4" Turbo back exhaust with muffler
    - H&S MM with the 4 basic tunes (Stock, Tow, Street, Performance)
    - H&S OD transmission tune

Welcome to the forum bud.

There are quite a few people who are doing this. As far as videos there may be a few but i know of this one recently.

Can't remember how in depth it is but it does explain it a little bit. I would not let the dealer do it as they will kill you on labor rate.

Like stated any decent diesel shop should be able to accomplish this for you.

The parts will need to be looked over and made sure you have all the nuts and bolts.

A diesel shop should have most of the extras you do not have so no worries there.

The video is below.

He is Turba Tom which alot of us follow.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...i67tY9g/videos

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I had a fully deleted 2011 Ram 3500 and converted it back to stock to trade it in. For this process, the two years are identical.

1. You have to reinstall all of the exhaust, EGR, and any other removed parts. For me, the exhaust was the biggest bear. Hopefully all of your connectors were protected to there might be additional work to clean them out. The whole process took me about four hours and I did it without a lift.

2. Go into the menu of the H&S and upload the stock file into the PCM. This will take about 10-15 minutes.

3. Verify the trick runs good and there is no check engine light. The H&S can read codes if you forgot a connector and clear them out.

4. Make sure the truck is not vin locked to the truck anymore (or you can’t sell the tuner). Remove it and any related hardware.

5. Drive the truck and make sure it is all good.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

12. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

Thanks all for the help and resources....very helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast