Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: I Just Deleted?

1. Top Of Page | #1

I Just Deleted?

Does the truck take some time to work things out?

Its only been about 100 miles.

Yruck whistles for a long time on cold start and kind of feels like it chugs when I come to a stop and whistles when the exhaust brake comes on.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: I Just Deleted?

It is perfectly normal to hear the exhaust brake after starting up on a cold day.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Merz View Post

Yruck whistles for a long time on cold start and kind of feels like it chugs when I come to a stop and whistles when the exhaust brake comes on.
    Welcome friend! Who tuned your truck and what tune are you running at startup? The whistle is normal when cold. You just couldn’t hear it before because of the soot cookers attached.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes AnOldBiker, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

DRD tuned my truck. does the whistlego away when the weather is warmer? i do a lot of camping. my truck also lunges or kind of chugs if you now what I mean wonder if tuner needs to catch up with the truck or somethin?

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The whistle sounds like your exhaust brake....its normal when it's cold a d the chug is also exhaust brake .....its actually working now instead of when it was stock ....LOL. If you dont like the chugging just hit button on dash and cut exhaust brake off. With it on it does help save your brakes from early wear. I personal run mine all the time even when not towing.....I like the help getting this heavy truck stopped!

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I Just Deleted?

DRD tuned my truck. does the whistlego away when the weather is warmer? i do a lot of camping. my truck also lunges or kind of chugs if you now what I mean wonder if tuner needs to catch up with the truck or somethin?
    The whistle is normal when cold.

The vanes in your turbo closes to help warm the truck up faster.

You can turn the exhaust brake off while warming which would help eliminate some of the whistle.

You could also put a muffler on it to quiet it down some.

@DRD do you have any idea about the chugging he is describing?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

13. Likes AK Bob liked this post