Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 17 2500 Turbo and Fuel Upgrades

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 17 2500 Turbo and Fuel Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Ok this is what I thought, I'm not going to be standing on the pedal from a stop or anything like that but toeing into it on the highway for sure. So if I drive smart and tow when needed I should be fine then.
    Yeah you should be fine just make sure your transmission is strong enough for the power your putting down. Also something to keep in mind is it doesn't matter if its twins, compounds, or big singles they all increase cylinder pressure and every engine is different in mileage and wear so anything can fail at anytime due to any part. Not to scare you just to make sure your aware

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I believe rayr87 said he was doing a revmax 850, should be all set taking that route. Mine is freshly rebuilt with a sunnox,od drive drum hd clutches , triple disc TC , hardened input shaft , and soon to be a revmax valve body with the zero flex plate.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Neither one of yall should have any trouble holding the power in the transmission then

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    I won't be able to help with everything you need at the moment but I'll help where I can.

So as far as your injectors and CP3 go they need to be done at the same time just about; the stock CP3 won't be able to keep up with the oversized injectors and you can run into
    cavitation of your injectors causing damage or premature failure. Also something to keep in mind is running dual CP3's is more reliable and efficient because you will split the load of one CP3 into two. Something else to add to this; if you do your fueling upgrades without the turbo you'll be running too rich for the stock turbo; all this being said I know its costly to do everything at one time but its almost the best and only way to go for your goal but you can do other parts first to prepare for this stage which I will cover below.

You have the major components covered which is good but you will need to rework you intake system in order to take full advantage of the upgrades and reach peak efficiency and the lowest spool time. For the intake system you'' need a cold air intake, an upgraded intercooler isn't necessary but it will lower the intake temps their for making more power by having denser air as well as it will outflow the factory inter cooler, lastly you'll need to upgrade your intake horn. You'll need to look into exhaust manifolds too since your doing a second gen swap and some kits don't come with manifolds; now one of the highest flowing manifolds on the market is a steed speed manifold they cost a little bit more but they flow the best at the lowest temp and have an excellent ceremaic coating.

Now you have a long list of parts to look up and start pricing out and Clayton over @DDP can get you taken care of with everything you need; and I'm sure we will have others help where they can as well.

Western thanks for the information. I guess a few things i forgot. I do have a banks inter cooler and 3.5" air horn i just don't have them installed yet.

My thoughts were to go with a 2nd gen swap kit. I have been eyeing the Fleece because it comes with the everything i would need and has the nice coolant tank. Also looking at the steed speed cause not only does it flow the best but it is just plan sexy.

Do you think the 45%/90hp injectors would be a good choice for either the 467 or pusher compounds? Iw ant something big enough but also don't want to be smoking a bunch

So you think i would be further ahead to do with the dual CP3's then? Something like this:
    https://cppdiesel.com/fleece-perform...e-performance/
    And leave my stocker.

I am still torn between the compounds and the 467. On one hand i like the simplicity of the single and getting rid of the VGT turbo so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Then again i have over 115k on my work truck (15 2500 all stock) and haven't had any issues with it. I guess the biggest thing that scared me away from the compounds was when i read about people bending rods.

I guess i'm looking for the most reliable setup possible (I know when your expecting double the HP out of anything the reliability goes down).

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I wouldn’t worry so much about bending a rod from just compounds, from what I’ve seen it’s the high RPMs making power/racing that will push them too far (literally) LOL. This happens with singles or compounds.

Like the others have stated there will always be a trade off/upgrade needed to keep up with the prior one. The most instant power you will feel would be if you went with your chargers first. Compounds or a 67 can be run on stock fuel with proper tuning. Who are you using for your files?

I may have missed it but what elevation are you? Compounds are just plain cool and give you great power all the way through the RPM band. If you have elevation to deal with I would say go with the compounds given you tow decent weight.

With good tuning the 6.7s can spin the 67mm chargers with minimum lag, it should still light about 1600 rpm for you. There is something to be said about the simplicity of a single charger vs compounds.

Myself or any of us here at Dudes Diesel would be happy to answer any questions and provide you with your wants and needs for the build!

Be sure to keep everyone posted regardless of how things go!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189, Dirtycummins liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I'm at sea level and run Ray's tunes, so I'm not worried about that I know I'm in good hands.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    I won't be able to help with everything you need at the moment but I'll help where I can.

So as far as your injectors and CP3 go they need to be done at the same time just about; the stock CP3 won't be able to keep up with the oversized injectors and you can run into
    cavitation of your injectors causing damage or premature failure. Also something to keep in mind is running dual CP3's is more reliable and efficient because you will split the load of one CP3 into two. Something else to add to this; if you do your fueling upgrades without the turbo you'll be running too rich for the stock turbo; all this being said I know its costly to do everything at one time but its almost the best and only way to go for your goal but you can do other parts first to prepare for this stage which I will cover below.

You have the major components covered which is good but you will need to rework you intake system in order to take full advantage of the upgrades and reach peak efficiency and the lowest spool time. For the intake system you'' need a cold air intake, an upgraded intercooler isn't necessary but it will lower the intake temps their for making more power by having denser air as well as it will outflow the factory inter cooler, lastly you'll need to upgrade your intake horn. You'll need to look into exhaust manifolds too since your doing a second gen swap and some kits don't come with manifolds; now one of the highest flowing manifolds on the market is a steed speed manifold they cost a little bit more but they flow the best at the lowest temp and have an excellent ceremaic coating.

Now you have a long list of parts to look up and start pricing out and Clayton over @DDP can get you taken care of with everything you need; and I'm sure we will have others help where they can as well.

Thank you so much for the mention @Western as it is very much appreciated.

Yes sir we will make sure he is taken care of! He is in great hands with Mr. Mike @TexNeck.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I wouldn’t worry so much about bending a rod from just compounds, from what I’ve seen it’s the high RPMs making power/racing that will push them too far (literally) LOL. This happens with singles or compounds.

Like the others have stated there will always be a trade off/upgrade needed to keep up with the prior one. The most instant power you will feel would be if you went with your chargers first. Compounds or a 67 can be run on stock fuel with proper tuning. Who are you using for your files?

I may have missed it but what elevation are you? Compounds are just plain cool and give you great power all the way through the RPM band. If you have elevation to deal with I would say go with the compounds given you tow decent weight.

With good tuning the 6.7s can spin the 67mm chargers with minimum lag, it should still light about 1600 rpm for you. There is something to be said about the simplicity of a single charger vs compounds.

Myself or any of us here at Dudes Diesel would be happy to answer any questions and provide you with your wants and needs for the build!

Be sure to keep everyone posted regardless of how things go!
    Right now i have the MM3 with DRD tuning.

I'm in western Pennsylvania so 2000-3000ft, so i don't think i will have any issues with the 67 spooling.

The more i think about it i might end up going with the single just for simplicity, but every time i think about it i change my mind.

When i tow i'm usually not going far its just getting firewood, stone for the driveway, borrowing a small skid steer from work, stuff like that, not going any distance.

Does anyone have any experience using the BD exhaust brake with the stock button and MM3? Does everything work well with that setup?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rayr87 View Post
    Right now i have the MM3 with DRD tuning.

I'm in western Pennsylvania so 2000-3000ft, so i don't think i will have any issues with the 67 spooling.

The more i think about it i might end up going with the single just for simplicity, but every time i think about it i change my mind.

When i tow i'm usually not going far its just getting firewood, stone for the driveway, borrowing a small skid steer from work, stuff like that, not going any distance.

Does anyone have any experience using the BD exhaust brake with the stock button and MM3? Does everything work well with that setup?
    I don’t personally but have heard great things and that it does work as advertised with MM3/DRD. There are a couple members on here who have it installed. I’ll post at them once I figure out who they are

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Good luck, your parts list is almost exactly the same as what I had in mind for the future, including the single 467, so I will be staying tuned.

Keep us updated.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast