Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: "Battery Saver Mode"

1. Top Of Page | #1

"Battery Saver Mode"

Got my truck back from shop yesterday from warranty work and they did a software upgrade.

I come back home no messages on dash I milked and after i milked my cows i.got in truck to head home and on the dash.

"Battery saver mode" popped up.

Can anyone tell me what that is?

Do I got 1 about to go bad or does cooler weather make it happen sometimes?

Temps last night was 16?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: "Battery Saver Mode"

It appears on my truck also.

Typical on cold start ups when the temperature is below freezing.

I suspect it is to limit current flow to non critical items like creature comfort heaters, hvac system while the grid heater is needed.

2018 srw 3500

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Crshanta View Post
    It appears on my truck also. Typical on cold start ups when the temperature is below freezing. I suspect it is to limit current flow to non critical items like creature comfort heaters, hvac system while the grid heater is needed.
    OK just making sure.

Had the truck 2.5 years and it's been way colder than.

Just making sure.

6. Likes Jess6.7, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Understood. Pure speculation on my part:

You truck and mine are probably using the most update code from the factory.

Since yours was just in the shop and I pick mine up as a left over in July of last year.

Batteries are 2.5 years old and may be a little off there prime; however, functional.

Plus I suspect the truck was moved around the service lot with not a lot of run time to recharge batteries from two or four start cycles.

2018 srw 3500

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Crshanta View Post
    Understood. Pure speculation on my part:

You truck and mine are probably using the most update code from the factory. Since yours was just in the shop and I pick mine up as a left over in July of last year.

batteries are 2.5 years old and may be a little off there prime; however, functional. Plus I suspect the truck was moved around the service lot with not a lot of run time to recharge batteries from two or four start cycles.
    May hook up and test my batteries just to make sure.

Going on a trip next weekend and dont wanna be stranded

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I don't have the fancy displays on mine, but in winter I throw my batteries on a trickle charger now and then to keep them capped in the winter.

Last set went 10 years.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Thanks Murph thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Murph liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Perfectly normal in cold weather, especially if your truck has been sitting for a while, or you've made several short start/stop trips.

The grid heater puts a substantial load on the batteries, and this is your truck's way of protecting them.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post