Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Valve Lash Adjustment

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Valve Lash Adjustment

I've been putting this off because I wasn't sure how big of a job this would be.
    I'm sitting at 161,000 and figured it was time to bite the bullet. I've had the truck since 42,000 and have no idea if it's been previously done.

If you're hesitant doing this on your own....dig in. It's a super easy job. I was being real putzy and it took me about three hours.
    Exhaust lash was super loose and was definitely the source of some valve noise that I've been noticing at idle. Valve train is quiet as a swiss watch now.

Cheers!

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Valve Lash Adjustment

If I remember right, you should do it every 150k at a minimum.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Sisupower, OneTon, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post