Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Plastic Tray W/Drain Hole Under Oil Pan?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Plastic Tray W/Drain Hole Under Oil Pan?

Had a couple oil spots on my driveway this morning.

Still not entirely sure if they came from my truck.
    U
    pon further investigation looking under my truck, I noticed this plastic "tray" or cover under the front shallow portion of the oil pan right behind the front cross member support.

I stuck my finger in what appears to be a drain hole (square oval shaped with a lip) and it seemed like there was a little coating of motor oil in there and on the "lip"?

What is this trey for an what is draining out of it? Is something leaking? Normal? It sure looks like it's meant to drain something but I've never had oil spots in my driveway from it before.

CCV is in tact with filter.

I did get an oil change recently but this is pretty far forward compared to the drop down portion of the oil pan with the drain plug.

Photo was taken looking sort of at an angle up at it from the front of the truck.

2017 2500

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Plastic Tray W/Drain Hole Under Oil Pan?

That's where the oil filter is located right above that.

When they dropped down the filter it rests in that tray its just residual oil from the recent change I would say.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    That's where the oil filter is located right above that.

When they dropped down the filter it rests in that tray its just residual oil from the recent change I would say.
    OK, thanks for the quick reply.

I was hoping it was something along those lines.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

5. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Wouldn't hurt to double check that they got the filter tight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

7. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Sisupower, watersupply189 liked this post