Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote Start Block Heater Generator

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: Remote Start Block Heater Generator

Part 3:

Minor update, we had no snow.... then a typical Colorado "1-3 inches" after a 69 deg day.

(For those not in co where I live we got around 8 inches some did melt).

I realized I forgot to mention, I will also be making and installing an automatic transfer switch so that if I do plug into my block heater via an external outlet, it will not back-feed power, into my generator ( really easy, a 120v relay [single or double pole, double throw].

I built the wood frame, did not have time for the walls (yay daughter friends birthdays.... yay ) I had one wooden divider in my bed [ for those that do not know your OEM bed (assuming it came with one) has slots (3 or 4 pairs, depending on bed size) for wood dividers, if you use the right size wood, you can lay down flat a piece of plywood as a flatbed, and have no wheel wells to deal with! ] now I have 3! (yay home depot 70% off damaged lumber) one piece was slightly wARPed others had knots that I cut out.

If I finish the walls tomorrow I'll just edit them into this post.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

Have not had time or appropriate weather to continue guys, sorry

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Funny that the buisness won't let you cause of that reason climate change etc.

I read an article last month on a lawsuit dealing with this same topic.

A buisiness that allowed staff for years to plug in trucks after that buisness started contracts with electric car plug in hubs for those employees they then removed the ability for plug in for diesel's and stated due to climate change.

They found out in further investigation that said company signed a contract with the elec/plug in power companies that stated no other elect shall and can be used for any reason for other vehicles but they chose to say it was for climate change when they were really getting a nice kickback from the other company.

Good luck on your project.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

So parts are arriving, and the exhaust kit recommends a few ft straight before any bends...... so I am working on what to do.

I have a few ideas..... no answers yet.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

Most parts are here but have not had time.

Just letting all know.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

Quick update, this project isn't scrapped.

Just going through a divorce, so.... prioritizing.

Still hope to do this before camping season.

We will see.

The silicone exhaust tube didn't work they sent me a galvanized one, that may.

I dunno Ben thinking about it , may just have an exhaust shop do the work, make it 3 piece, and easily disassemble.

We will see but it will be a few before it's done.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I just pay $74.99 a year for uconnect and my truck starts anywhere with my cellphone.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    Quick update, this project isn't scrapped.

Just going through a divorce, so.... prioritizing.

Still hope to do this before camping season.

We will see.

The silicone exhaust tube didn't work they sent me a galvanized one, that may.

I dunno Ben thinking about it , may just have an exhaust shop do the work, make it 3 piece, and easily disassemble.

We will see but it will be a few before it's done.
    Sorry to hear about the divorce, hang in there. I also found out long ago it takes two to tango, one person can’t make it work alone. You will get through this and better happier times will come.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

Thanks for the words of encouragement,

Ya that is what I learned. I was in the fight of life alone, when she slapped me with papers. Part of the reason I have been so withdrawn from the forum. Prioritizing

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    I just pay $74.99 a year for uconnect and my truck starts anywhere with my cellphone.
    It's not about starting the truck, but a block heater, and a generator when camping that I don't have to get out of the bed of my truck, and is locked up.

18. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    Isn't though.... that's what makes me LOL, they could just be jealous, their gasser doesn't have one.
    I've been using a 900 watt suitcase for years. i go to Canada frequently.

Mine will run about 7 hours plugged in.

I chain it in the bed and leave the cap door loose for ventilation. Keeps the snow off the cap.

LOL The 'ol green bus starts up like summer in -20.

Once I start it, it stays started.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

20. Thanks Mega Man thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Mega Man liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12