1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: All over the Road!

I will call them.

Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Are you sure there is not a tire issue? Those wide and low profile tires are going to railroad track pretty bad. I had similar issues when I was into Jeeps real big, wide tires tend to be more of a hand full on the freeway. Especially if there is any irregular wear such as scalloping on the outside tread blocks. If you have a lot of offset in the wheels that can actually make the problem worse because they place more leverage on the entire front drive-line and steering system.

Another thing to think about, did you install the aluminum bushings into the steering column when you did the ball joints? I put those in my truck and was amazed that my steering wheel is no longer centered. It has enough play in the steering column that my wheel is about the 2 o'clock position which is forcing me to get the Synergy steering because of the Ram steering recall (welded and cant adjust it).

Instead of throwing parts at it (power steering pump), have you thought of getting the pump tested? There are pressure gauges that will hook up in series and allow testing with under operating conditions and confirm any suspicions. With hydroboost systems, if there is a problem with the hydraulic system of the steering there is usually a problem with the brakes. If the steering wheel is pulsing from pressure fluctuation you would likely notice it in the brake pedal too under certain braking situations.

I have seen sudden hydraulic pressure changes cause military vehicles to do some strange stuff. We had a MK48 self articulate itself off the road with a 40 foot lowboy and a dozer. That was a fun day of recovery.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Do you have power steering fluid?

Miles on the pump?

Sounds like the pump doesn't have the umpf to turn and control the big wheels.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12