Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All over the Road!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

All over the Road!

Hi new to the Forum with very bad grammar so please bare with me.

I bought a 2017 ram 2500 megacab 4x4 with 55000 miles all these add on were on the truck when I bought it and yes it drove bad when I test drove it.

Thuren 2" leveling springs, Thuren front track bar, Thuren front sway bar, Fox shocks and steering stablizer, Rough country power steering box brace, EMF ball joints, Power stop brakes, New hubs, 22x10Hostile wheels with Toyo ATZ 35x12.5x22 tires.

I installed a Red head power steering box because I thought that was the problem IT WASN'T !!

With the truck setting still idling tires on the ground. If u turn the wheel to 9:00 position the wheel starts bouncing back and forth trying to straighten it self out does the same thing if u turn the wheel to 3:00 position the truck DOES'T do it if it's on jack stands. If your driving and going around a clover leaf to get on the highway or a long continuous turn where your holding the wheel at 3 or 9 the wheel start trying to straighten it self out.

Driving straight down the road if the crown in the road starts to make the truck go right u slightly turn left doesn't go doesn't go then it shoots left so hard and fast u steer right and then your back turning left again. U can't relax when driving this truck.

Just wondering if i'm the one is experiencing this?

Any Suggestions.

Please help!

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Likes AnOldBiker, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: All over the road !

That thing should drive like a dream with all those parts.

Have you had the alignment and ball joints and tie rods checked?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

4. Likes AnOldBiker, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: All over the Road!

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: All over the road !

Ball joints are new EMF rebuild able joints and there tight, not sure if there actually too tight , Alignment was checked by a old school guy and a new school guy , tie rods are tight .I'm scratching my head along with everybody that i have had looked at the truck.

7. Likes Noneck liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The 3 and 9 o'clock issue kind of sound like your power steering pump may be failing or have air in it and is cavitating?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

10. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have that same set up in my truck 2016 Ram 2500, my truck drives like a dream. I would give Chris or Don a call at Thuren and explain to them what is going on with your truck. They are great to deal with and very helpful. Tell them what it is doing and what add ins you have done.

(541) 508 -9190
    [URL="https://www.thurenfabrication.com

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

12. Likes Noneck liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Those 12.5 tires will turn real mean while sitting still. Has someone watched all joints, including pitman while someone else rocks the steering wheel back and forth?
    Jack up both fronts, turn on the key without the engine running and see if you can turn your wheels by hand. If you can't, also turn the steering wheel to see if it takes extreme effort to turn it. I mention this because I had brand new Carli ball joints seize up on me and I had some of your symptoms. They did give me free replacements though.
    Also, Thuren has their own alignment specs. Check out their website.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

14. Likes timshooter40, InlineSix.7 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I have the carli ball joints low mount stabilizer control arms pintop kit extreme overkill steering I was having trouble with wandering it turned out to be a bad bushing in the track bar I also put new bushings in my control arms now it good to go

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

16. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Noneck the power steering pump is what i was going to try next . Almost acts like air in the system but it did the exact same thing before i put the RED HEAD on.

18. Likes Noneck liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast