Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: AEV Suspensions

1. Top Of Page | #1

AEV Suspensions

I’ve seen a few of these trucks on the road and wondered if anyone had any experience?

Ride quality/ durability is my biggest deals I’m looking for.

My truck is bone stock... for the suspension anyways.

How would this compare to a Thuren/Carli?

Thanks in advance everyone

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: AEV Suspensions

Let's ask @CJC Off Road?

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I could not find much info on them.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thuren better tuned and bigger shocks, better coils. AEV is pretty much keeping your factory spec suspension and adding a 3 inch spacer. AEV's 3" spacer is a " coil relocation spacer" so there is your lift... a spacer. AEV's crazy trac bar. look at that crazy bent shaped bar compared to Thuren or Carli. AEV's rear suspension lift comes as a lift block for the leaf springs for 3500 and for the 2500 they use a 2" coil spacer for the rear. So AEV trucks will they preform and allow you to put bigger tires on yes. AEV will not be as smooth of a ride and the shock they are using a Bilstein 5100 . this is less then a 2" shock body and this shock may or may not be tuned for a 2500 or 3500? idk. pull up some specs on all of this stuff. some say that Thuren and Carli's stuff is expensive. Have you seen the prices on AEV. super expensive for what you are actually getting. plus there is more things to have to install which means more money if you cant do it yourself. to each their own.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Thanks for the replies.

Seems like a lot of labor for the AEV.

10. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The other difference is that AEV moves the front axle forward 1”.

I have been reading about all three (AEV, Carli and Thuren) plus BDS.

Thuren has most information on there website and “only” offer leveling kits for 13 and up trucks.

I do like the logic of staying a low as possible.

My quick review is you are paying for shocks with Thuren and Carli, brackets and hardware with AEV and BDS.

2018 srw 3500

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have drove and seen many trucks with Thuren and Carli hitting holes and jumps at high speed.

YouTube has some videos of their suspension taking repeated abuse.

I have never seen an AEV suspension truck do this. AEV is a decent kit and it makes it more appealing to someone that doesn't really care or may not know much about suspension etc. when you can get a kit installed from the dealership lot and feel warm and fuzzy cause it doesn't bother you warranty blah blah.

I do laugh tho when I see someone with a new truck that has wheels tires and a huge spacer puck.

I know that dealership made some money on that person.

I have seen dealerships here in Oregon (Lithia) charge 4-5 grand extra for tires usually (Ironman brand) wheels that are cheap and black and a leveling spacer.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post