Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: Jamo Exhaust Install?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Jamo Exhaust Install?

Just curious if anyone has experience installing the Jamo exhaust with muffler and which way it should be installed.

Looking down the muffler it has what look like louvers inside.

I’m guessing that is to quiet the exhaust tone down, do those face the engine or the rear of the truck?

Does it make a difference performance or EGT’s wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Jamo Exhaust Install?

I haven't seen the Jamo muffler, but if your referring to louvers as something youd see on a grater, the opening of louver should face towards the inlet.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NonFord View Post
    I haven't seen the Jamo muffler, but if your referring to louvers as something youd see on a grater, the opening of louver should face towards the inlet.
    Excellent that is exactly what I was looking for. Appreciate it, my friend will be elated that I installed it correctly

5. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I agree with the above. I have installed it the wrong way for grins and giggles and it still quiets it down a little bit but not how it's supposed to be used. No issue or harm was done when installing it this way but the louvers should grab the air and force the air to slow down and go through the muffler as it should.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    I agree with the above. I have installed it the wrong way for grins and giggles and it still quiets it down a little bit but not how it's supposed to be used. No issue or harm was done when installing it this way but the louvers should grab the air and force the air to slow down and go through the muffler as it should.
    I was surprised at how quiet the truck is. 5” turbo back with the muffler and it is quieter than what my 4” straight pipe was.
    Getting the 5” to fit was a massive pain in the neck and took a ton of caressing (smashing the hell out of my fingers) . But it’s done now and the bad boy is breathing healthy!

8. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Little clip

Hopefully it works

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhiteCummins View Post
    I was surprised at how quiet the truck is. 5” turbo back with the muffler and it is quieter than what my 4” straight pipe was.
    Getting the 5” to fit was a massive pain in the neck and took a ton of caressing (smashing the hell out of my fingers) . But it’s done now and the bad boy is breathing healthy!

Yeah it does a great job. The older i get the more quiet i like the truck. I was surprised as well at what it could do. Yeah the 5 inch is a monster but once done it sounds and look awesome! Definitely some tight areas that will leave you saying a few choice words haha.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have the 4 inch with muffler and it’s still sounds nice without the attention grabbing tone. Very happy with it.

2013 Ram 2500, 4 door, short bed, MM3 by DRD, S&B Cold Air Intake, Jamo 4inch Exhaust with muffler and tip, Shibby Plugs, Supernova V4 LED headlight bulbs