Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Industrial Injection

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Industrial Injection

Just wanted to let everyone know about a recent problem I had with II. I purchased a set of 60HP Dragon Fly injectors from them about a year ago for a 2005 5.9 I was rebuilding. I installed them and a month or so later when I finally got the engine fired up it seemed all was well. Until the first actual test drive getting the engine up to temp. Flying down the highway at 65mph the truck started smoking and misfiring terribly. There was a obvious fuel knock. This happened for 5 seconds or so, then cleared up. Stopped, pulled over, popped the hood, everything was as it should be. Long story short.....this continued to happen as I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Several well known "experts" across the internet told me "it is not the injectors, it's an electrical issue". Well that just did not seem right to me, given the total random nature of the issue. After getting Industrial involved they agreed to take the injectors back and test them again. Sure enough, they found 2 with problems. A lot of time and effort had taken place at this point and additional money has been spent trying to resolve the issue. After it was all said and done, injectors were re-installed, and truck finally ran right. I sold the truck and made a pretty good profit, but Industrial would not work with me as far as compensation for my time and efforts. I realize that in their warranty policy it states that, but they sent me junk injectors from day 1. Cost me A LOT of time and headache. I have sent them pumps/injectors in the past without issue, but will not be doing so in the future. I have found another shop that is also fairly close to me and they have far superior customer service.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

2. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, AnOldBiker, david3gen thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Industrial Injection

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know about a recent problem I had with II. I purchased a set of 60HP Dragon Fly injectors from them about a year ago for a 2005 5.9 I was rebuilding. I installed them and a month or so later when I finally got the engine fired up it seemed all was well. Until the first actual test drive getting the engine up to temp. Flying down the highway at 65mph the truck started smoking and misfiring terribly. There was a obvious fuel knock. This happened for 5 seconds or so, then cleared up. Stopped, pulled over, popped the hood, everything was as it should be. Long story short.....this continued to happen as I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Several well known "experts" across the internet told me "it is not the injectors, it's an electrical issue". Well that just did not seem right to me, given the total random nature of the issue. After getting Industrial involved they agreed to take the injectors back and test them again. Sure enough, they found 2 with problems. A lot of time and effort had taken place at this point and additional money has been spent trying to resolve the issue. After it was all said and done, injectors were re-installed, and truck finally ran right. I sold the truck and made a pretty good profit, but Industrial would not work with me as far as compensation for my time and efforts. I realize that in their warranty policy it states that, but they sent me junk injectors from day 1. Cost me A LOT of time and headache. I have sent them pumps/injectors in the past without issue, but will not be doing so in the future. I have found another shop that is also fairly close to me and they have far superior customer service.

Thanks for the info.

I have had a few similar issues with industrial injection on certain parts as well as a fellow shop owner have many more issues with quality and service.

I'm not sure what happened with them.

Maybe it was a bad batch or they are growing to quickly but we decided to stop utilizing them even for injectors when a customer needs some on the cheap.

When it comes to injectors we try to use BBI first and if not them then S&S or someone with extremely high quality.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles but know you are not alone LOL.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5, AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Not sure either.

S*** happens, I get that, but there is no excuse for the poor customer support.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

6. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I have had a few similar issues with industrial injection on certain parts as well as a fellow shop owner have many more issues with quality and service.

I'm not sure what happened with them.

Maybe it was a bad batch or they are growing to quickly but we decided to stop utilizing them even for injectors when a customer needs some on the cheap.

When it comes to injectors we try to use BBI first and if not them then S&S or someone with extremely high quality.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles but know you are not alone LOL.
    Now you know why I stick by my man Tim.

He was the best price with quality and great service.

@F350Cummins deals with him exclusively.

Damn Al. Brain Fart.

What's his company name?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Now you know why I stick by my man Tim.

He was the best price with quality and great service.
    @F350Cummins deals with him exclusively.

Damn Al. Brain Fart.

What's his company name?
    Mr. Tim with Accurate Diesel!

Great guy and is always a pleasure to speak with.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com