Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Turbo Question

I seen where they have came out with a direct bolt on S300 so you don’t have to get rid of your factory manifold.

I’m running the raceme box tunes if I were to switch to this would it throw a check engine light or could I just run the same tunes, IDC about performance just reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Question

It sure would through a CEL for you VGT turbo not communicating with the computer.

So a retune would be required.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

4. Likes Cweaver, Aboshan, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    It sure would through a cel for you VGT turbo not communicating with the computer. So a retune would be required.
    That’s what I figured, I guess I’ll just keep what I have until it goes out.

Plus getting kinda hard to find delete tuning nowadays with the EPA stuff going on.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Right , they do have upgraded VGT turbos like fleece cheetah or BD screamer you can buy and still have the exhaust brake.

Plus a little more power

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Cweaver, Aboshan, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Right , they do have upgraded VGT turbos like fleece cheetah or BD screamer you can buy and still have the exhaust brake.

Plus a little more power
    Yea I’m just not of fan of the high drive pressure the VGTs put out, that’s the biggest reason I’m wanting to switch that and reliability

10. Likes watersupply189, nova, cwendel liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Throw a set of head studs in it 625s are really nice I installed a set and it's great peace of mind for whatever you want to do in the future

12. Likes Aboshan, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I put a borgwarner 364.5 direct fit non VGT turbo from high tech turbo on my 2015 ,also have the raceme ultra no codes truck runs great

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by horseshu View Post
    I put a borgwarner 364.5 direct fit non VGT turbo from high tech turbo on my 2015 ,also have the raceme ultra no codes truck runs great
    Did you tell your tuner you were using that setup when u got your raceme?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

No I was using the raceme with the stock turbo changed turbo started truck went down the rd

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    Yea I’m just not of fan of the high drive pressure the VGTs put out, that’s the biggest reason I’m wanting to switch that and reliability

I've read and read and read and in these trucks it's all or nothing it seems.

To go NON-VGT you can't maintain emissions, especially if you want to keep an exhaust brake.

I think we're in the same boat of wanting increased reliability but not wanting to dismantle everything either.

20. Thanks cwendel thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cwendel liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast