Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo Question

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Question

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    I've read and read and read and in these trucks it's all or nothing it seems.

To go NON-VGT you can't maintain emissions, especially if you want to keep an exhaust brake.

I think we're in the same boat of wanting increased reliability but not wanting to dismantle everything either.
    The VGT is to make sure there is enough exhaust pressure to feed the egr. That is part of the use of it. When it is gone, you could lose boost if the egr opened.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    If it were not for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes nova, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
    The VGT is to make sure there is enough exhaust pressure to feed the egr. That is part of the use of it. When it is gone, you could lose boost if the egr opened.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    If it were not for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's what I determined when I first started looking.

I'd be OK ditching the EGR and using more DEF. The big one to me is losing the EB.

There is that BD in line unit but it requires removing the DPF, probably because it would screw with the pressure sensors too much when it closed.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

This is the debate I have gone over a lot with myself and reading different threads.

So I decided to keep the VGT and get a pusher compound setup which retains the factory equipment.

Just definitely need to refine which was not a problem thanks to the man.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I’m about to go down this road.

I’m thinking a second gen swap.

Industrial injection silverbullet 66 (most likely) and some 90hp injector nozzles.

I’m not looking to build a race truck but wouldn’t mind some power and rid myself of VGT.

If you have an MM3 with warp tunes can you turn off the VGT in the settings?

Anyone?

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    I’m about to go down this road.

I’m thinking a second gen swap.

Industrial injection silverbullet 66 (most likely) and some 90hp injector nozzles.

I’m not looking to build a race truck but wouldn’t mind some power and rid myself of VGT.

If you have an MM3 with wARP tunes can you turn off the VGT in the settings?

Anyone?
    The tuning itself is what allows to go none VGT. PM sent.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes watersupply189, Twalt1687 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

I 2nd Gen swapped a 2010 6.7 in 2010.

I had H&S tunes and never got a cel.

I was running their hot damn tune with aggressive turbo tuning, so I dunno if that had tuned out the VGT or what.

It was all new then to me.

Nowadays it’s worth spending the extra money and going with good custom tuning and getting a revision every time you do an upgrade.

2018 2500, G56, SSSB3600, Arp625 Head studs, Arp Manifold studs,BD Diesel FMW 467.7 2nd gen swapped, MM3 Custom tuning by Ray, Ceramic Pro Gold, Toyo Mt 33x12.50x20, Hostile Sprocket 20x10 -19, Fass 165, DDP 150 sticks,10mm exergy stroker pump, Bd Throttle Booster, Money Pit! The fass165 150 sticks and 10mm pump did ok but was running out of rail for anyone interested. It's now gonna have DDP 100%'s, DDP 12mm pump and a FASS 250gph

11. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12