Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Brake Warm Up Issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust Brake Warm Up Issue

So I’m still having issues with either my tune or turbo/VGT.

When my EB is activated during warm up it’s constantly changing pitch going in and out or the veins fluctuating to some extent.

I can’t seem to get the issue to go away and I’m thinking i either need to get my turbo veins cleaned out or something is acting funny in the tune. I took a video of what I’m describing.

If someone could PM me and maybe I can send them the video through text message and see what they think.

I don’t want to spend the time and effort or money to have a shop go through my turbo if that’s not the issue.

The EB continues to work just fine activating and deactivating when driving.

Truck currently has 70k miles and it was fully deleted around 55K miles tuned with DRD on an MM3 tuner.

Some have pointed out a possible battery going bad leading to the tunes acting funny but I had the battery’s tested and they checked out.

If someone could take a look at the video for me and give me some insight I’d be greatly appreciative!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Brake Warm Up Issue

So this seems to be an ongoing issue with my truck as well also has 72,000 miles on it.

When it starts to do it real bad I just go into the menu for the sound tunes and hit normal button and it goes away.

Not sure if this is helpful but it works for me, also my EB works just fine during normal driving and towing.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mine does it no matter what tune/setting I’m on.

Whether stock tune, normal idle, oem high idle during warm up...does it no matter what.

Never used to do it so I know something changed, I just don’t know what exactly and I’m trying to track it down.

I love the sound of the truck spooling like a jet engine but when it’s pulsing and not acting right it just sounds like crap in my opinion.

I’d love to hear a video of someone else’s truck doing it though for comparison.

Any chance you could take a video of what yours does and send it to me?

I can pm you my personal cell number.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Post the video on here so everyone can see and make an informed decision.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    So this seems to be an ongoing issue with my truck as well also has 72,000 miles on it. When it starts to do it real bad I just go into the menu for the sound tunes and hit normal button and it goes away. Not sure if this is helpful but it works for me, also my EB works just fine during normal driving and towing.
    Are you running your whistle tune during cold weather warm up?

I thought i read this was bad to do.

I don't know if the factory cold weather warm up/EB settings and the Tune/Whistle would be fighting each other.

The whistle tune closes the vanes past normal range compared to cold weather warm up EB vane range.

I wonder if this is what you are hearing with the sound pitch changing every so many seconds.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

10. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I always run my whistle tune all the time from cold weather start and never had any issues with mine.

Been deleted 45,000 miles now.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I always run my whistle tune all the time from cold weather start and never had any issues with mine. Been deleted 45,000 miles now.

Good to know.

I know that my truck has some slight surges and small tone changes but those seem to happen when its cold, just started and when the grid heaters cycle pulling all the battery power.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'm not winning the whistle tune when this occurs, but it's just one of those things that I guess has effected our trucks differently than others.

Like people have stated before not all truck will be exactly the same after tuning always different weird things happen.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I would but I have to post through YouTube or another source which I don’t really feel like setting up an account and uploading the video to then post here.

If I find time I will try.

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Let's ask @DRD?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast