Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Larger replacement tank

1. Top Of Page | #1

Larger replacement tank

I have a 2018 crew cab sb 2500 and I am looking for a larger replacement tank.

I found an S&B tank that is a 52 gallon replacement tank and was wondering if anyone has ordered one yet.

https://www.sbtanks.com/best-high-ca...mins-2013-2019

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Larger replacement tank

I have a different one, but S&B is a good company.

The tank is 52 gallons, and if your willing to cap it before a long run, the vapor space is 10% more which adds 5.2 gallons more.

Really helps in adding mileage before a refill stop.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

When did S&B get into fuel tanks?

They look nice.

My philosophy on long trips is by the time I need to fuel up again I'm ready to get out and move around a bit.

There are some LONG stretches out here with no fuel stations but it's never been an issue.

Let us know how the quality is if you pick one up.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have been debating the different brand tanks myself.

On the road its not an issue, need to stop and pee and stretch a bit anyway, but when overlanding offroad and cutting the MPG in half suddenly its an issue sometimes not having enough fuel.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post