Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Help! Truck Won't Drive

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help! Truck Won't Drive

I'm having the weirdest problem with my 2017 RAM 2500 4x4 Cummins.

So it starts and runs fine it responds to the throttle in park and neutral but when in drive or reverse nothing !! but it kinnda acts like wants to.

It does the same thing in 2wd , 4wd and 4low and with traction control off.

So I shift the Transfer case into neutral and put it in Drive and floor the throttle pedal it will slowly creep up in rpm somtimes it will hesitate some drop back some than go up really slow same thing in reverse.

To move the truck around I have to have it in 4low and just crawl somtimes it kinda acts like it wants to go and goes a little faster and will shift. i made this video it will help explain it.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1311...7498980915569/

There are no fault codes all the computer's have been flashed the truck is stock it's never had a tuner that I'm aware of and it has 94k miles on it.

The dealer has no idea what is going on.
    It's like it wants to go but won't. watch the video the strange thing is its not throwing any fault codes.

Has anyone had anything similar happen.
    could fuel filter cause this but than why would it rev in P of N.

I have a auto engineuity scanner and Alpha OBD is there any parameters I can check that might shed some light on the problem.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Help! Truck Won't Drive

Let's see if I am understanding this correctly, you put the truck in gear and you get dead paddle. The engine does not rev? Or acts like it wants to. ?

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

4. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertip93 View Post
    I'm having the weirdest problem with my 2017 RAM 2500 4x4 Cummins.

So it starts and runs fine it responds to the throttle in park and neutral but when in drive or reverse nothing !! but it kinnda acts like wants to.

It does the same thing in 2wd , 4wd and 4low and with traction control off.

So I shift the Transfer case into neutral and put it in Drive and floor the throttle pedal it will slowly creep up in rpm somtimes it will hesitate some drop back some than go up really slow same thing in reverse.

To move the truck around I have to have it in 4low and just crawl somtimes it kinda acts like it wants to go and goes a little faster and will shift. i made this video it will help explain it.
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/groups/131194133879397/permalink/1127498980915569/[/url]

There are no fault codes all the computer's have been flashed the truck is stock it's never had a tuner that I'm aware of and it has 94k miles on it.

The dealer has no idea what is going on.
    It's like it wants to go but won't. watch the video the strange thing is its not throwing any fault codes.

Has anyone had anything similar happen.
    could fuel filter cause this but than why would it rev in P of N.

I have a auto engineuity scanner and Alpha OBD is there any parameters I can check that might shed some light on the problem.
    In the video, what is the mail message envelope on your dash for? Also, have you tried unplugging and plugging in your throttle position sensor above the throttle pedal? Also, have you checked your transmission fluid level? The truck is acting like it's going into some sort of safe mode when you put it into gear.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

yes In park and N it responds normal but in gear it won't sometimes it trys a little and if i shift the Tcase into neutral and put the tranny In gear I can slowly get the rpm up it will creep up kind act weird drop sometimes and go back up it's like some voltage is messed up but the truck has no codes or faults

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I would check throttle position sensor.

From what your saying it sounds like the tps.

When it goes out it does not always throw a code.

Also check batteries, load test both and clean terminals even if they look clean, clean them.

Voltage is critical slightest drop will cause problems.

Like your describing.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

9. Thanks watersupply189, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Aboshan, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post