Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 2012 Fuel Gauge Issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2012 Fuel Gauge Issue

Good morning all,

New here on the forums, I recently sold my 5.9L Cummins and purchased a 2012 Crew Cab Laramie 6 speed 6.7L Cummins.

Very happy with my purchase thus far. I have one issue currently and it’s with the fuel gauge. Now I would like to say I’ve read a ton of articles on various forums about a fuel gauge being pegged at either end of the spectrum but none of the posts I’ve read correlate to mine exactly so I figured it best to ask it here.

My fuel gauge is not pegged at full or empty. When I fill mine up it doesn’t go all the way to the Full mark but very close. Then as I drive, it works it’s way down like normal and once I hit a half tank it will stick there.

So I have normal function from half to full. I have ran the the dash test and it has no faults, it stops at all 4 marks ( 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full ) and holds for the test.

So most posts and replies on other threads point to the sending unit, does my scenario point you guys with more knowledge in the same direction?

Thanks Jake.

2. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 Fuel Gauge Issue

Following to see how you get this resolved.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I’d also like to add that even though the gauge seems to get stuck right above the halfway mark, my edge CTS2 stops at 70% fuel left.

It will go from 99% when I fill up and gradually work down to 70% and then stays there indefinitely.

Any help guys would be appreciated.

Thanks

6. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Sounds to me ( as an on looker, with no experience with this. But I know how electronics work ) like the float is sticking, or the electronic pads are dirty, or damaged (usually it is just a potentiometer, but on occasion it is a step system.)

May be worth pulling your pump assembly to see. But up to you. May be worth just replacing your pump assembly.

But again I don't know this one specifically.

8. Likes timshooter40, Power247 liked this post