Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New from BC, Canada - Not an owner, but thinking about switching

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: New from BC, Canada - Not an owner, but thinking about switching

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Welcome aboard.... eh?

Lose the eco junk.

Best decision you could make... inline 6 is the best engine design there is.
    Haha, honestly, its been a great truck... but with our new RV its a bit too much for the little 3.0l.

The MPG is incredible, but if I can't relax when we go on a trip is it really worth it?

I'm seriously thinking about coming back to the tower of power Cummin's B engine LOL.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome @McDale
    Enjoy our forum!
    Nice intro

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

3. Thanks McDale thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg

2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks McDale thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

8. Thanks McDale thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I owned a 98.5 with the early 24v., and it was good for power and economy after upgrades done to it.

Picked up a '17 with the 6.7 and as others have said, go for it!! The improvements over the earlier gen. trucks are great, and while you won't pull 30 mpg out of a 6.7, if you keep your foot out of it, the mpg's aren't too bad. With some of the upgrades available it does get better.

Running a stock, 2500 4x4 with the junky 20" Transforce tires on it, I see 19.5 on the highway at about 75 mpg. I have seen 23 mpg at lower speeds. As soon as warranty is up, I will make some mods to try and get it improved.

Will it see 30 mpg like the ecodiesel can in a Grand Cherokee (not sure about your truck)..... no... but still better than many others! Absolutely love my '17 and highly suggest the up-size if you can do it!!

10. Thanks watersupply189, McDale thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by McDale View Post
    Hey All,

I'm Mike, from BC. (Canada). I used to own a Cummins back in the day (pre-kids) with my old 2002 5.9 HO 6 Speed.

Now, I have a 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. I'm contemplating a switch back to the Cummins platform now that we have a little more money to spend.

I had the EcoDiesel motor blow up on me, turned a bearing, while towing our ~8000 lbs trailer this summer over the Coquihalla Highway. (The Highway Thru Hell on Discovery! ) Anyways... The high oil temps I regularly see when towing with that motor and the catastrophic failure don't really give me the warm and fuzzys about pulling the RV anymore. (A time when I should be relaxing, right?)

So, I'm contemplating coming back over to a newer 6.7 Cummins.

One of the things I'm not enthused about is the fuel mileage... the Eco is incredible in that respect. I'm wondering, of all the tunes that exist out there... is there one in particular who focused more around increased efficiency only, withouth substantial power adds? 800 ft/lbs and 383 HP is already a lot of power compared to my Eco, and comapared to the old 5.9L.

So I'm more interested in making the Cummins as efficient as I can to "soften the blow" so to speak of moving from the EcoDiesel.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Tune related or not.

And HELLO!

Mike
    Welcome to the forum!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks McDale thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Come back over to the dark side my friend!

14. Thanks McDale thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Semperfidcrawfish View Post
    Come back over to the dark side my friend!
    Hahaha I put in an offer! Just waiting on things to get figured out to pick it up as it’s from out of town! Woot!

16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by windsearcher View Post
    I owned a 98.5 with the early 24v., and it was good for power and economy after upgrades done to it.

Picked up a '17 with the 6.7 and as others have said, go for it!! The improvements over the earlier gen. trucks are great, and while you won't pull 30 mpg out of a 6.7, if you keep your foot out of it, the mpg's aren't too bad. With some of the upgrades available it does get better.

Running a stock, 2500 4x4 with the junky 20" Transforce tires on it, I see 19.5 on the highway at about 75 mpg. I have seen 23 mpg at lower speeds. As soon as warranty is up, I will make some mods to try and get it improved.

Will it see 30 mpg like the ecodiesel can in a Grand Cherokee (not sure about your truck)..... no... but still better than many others! Absolutely love my '17 and highly suggest the up-size if you can do it!!
    Great info thanks!
    I’m wondering around mods that would help out in that area. Best I got with the eco truck on the highway was usually around 8.5 l/100 which is about 27.6 mpg.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast