Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Codes P014D and P2000

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Codes P014D and P2000

Hey everybody, first time Diesel/Cummins owner and have tried working through a few kinks that have continued to show up starting from a couple of months in. I’ve got a 2012 68RFE with about 115k on it, standard MPG hand calc’d is rarely above 12 and usually in the 11’s with no load or tow. I use top tier fuel and keep up with all my fuel filter, oil changes, air filter maintenance.

For several months now I’ve been plagued with the O2 NOX codes P014d and P2000 (I believe a couple others but have all dealt with the same issues). I can get them cleared or have them turn off through key cycles but they always come back. Soon as the CEL leaves my display I drive it like I stole it for longer distances to try and force Regen’s as much as I can but they never seem to stay away. I’ve removed sensors and cleaned them was told that my turbo was bad so I replaced that for a BD Screamer but I’m never successful with clearing them permanently.

The other part of this is that I really feel a pretty heavy lug with my pickup. It feels like it’s lagging pretty bad on bottom end of RPM’s mostly and isn’t nearly as zippy or responsive as a couple others I’ve driven (both stock) This is especially present when my light is on... unless it’s psychological haha. I also don’t feel like my MPG is where it should be. I know it’s a lot of info and know there’s prob a few things I’m leaving out including a couple codes I’ve thrown over the year I’ve owned it but any help would be appreciated. Precursor is that I continue to hear to delete from a lot of people including my mechanic but legally and with all that’s going on I’m not really looking to do that for the indefinite future. Help

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Codes P014D and P2000

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeEm7 View Post
    Hey everybody, first time Diesel/Cummins owner and have tried working through a few kinks that have continued to show up starting from a couple of months in. I’ve got a 2012 68RFE with about 115k on it, standard MPG hand calc’d is rarely above 12 and usually in the 11’s with no load or tow. I use top tier fuel and keep up with all my fuel filter, oil changes, air filter maintenance.

For several months now I’ve been plagued with the O2 NOX codes P014d and P2000 (I believe a couple others but have all dealt with the same issues). I can get them cleared or have them turn off through key cycles but they always come back. Soon as the CEL leaves my display I drive it like I stole it for longer distances to try and force Regen’s as much as I can but they never seem to stay away. I’ve removed sensors and cleaned them was told that my turbo was bad so I replaced that for a BD Screamer but I’m never successful with clearing them permanently.

The other part of this is that I really feel a pretty heavy lug with my pickup. It feels like it’s lagging pretty bad on bottom end of RPM’s mostly and isn’t nearly as zippy or responsive as a couple others I’ve driven (both stock) This is especially present when my light is on... unless it’s psychological haha. I also don’t feel like my MPG is where it should be. I know it’s a lot of info and know there’s prob a few things I’m leaving out including a couple codes I’ve thrown over the year I’ve owned it but any help would be appreciated. Precursor is that I continue to hear to delete from a lot of people including my mechanic but legally and with all that’s going on I’m not really looking to do that for the indefinite future. Help
    Well if your not wanting to take the plunge with the parts falling off, the only other option is to replace your entire exhaust system and sensors which will run you x2-3 more than the cost of a tuner.
    Sounds like your exhaust is nearing the end of its life friend. Just my opinion...

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes AK Bob, SmokeEm7 liked this post