Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: 5 Codes at once and Check Engine Light

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

5 Codes at once and Check Engine Light

I have a 2014 Cummins tuned by DRD, I just replaced the valve body with Revmax heavy duty one.

It took about 2 weeks to do my pan leaked and ended up getting new pan from DDP, but any way tuck sat and tonight I filed it and went to start it it was only like 30 degrees out and the truck did a cold start and turned on the grid heater I saw when grid heater was on the voltage dropped to like 11.3 I don’t know what it dropped to when I started it but the check engine light came on and I got these codes:

U010E
    P2509

Those are the 2 I was concerned about the others I think were my fault I put the truck in drive to fast before I had enough fluid in and the others are from cleaning the intake horn I think I messed the censer up in it.

Sorry for long post any ideas with the 2 codes I put I think it might of bin the voltage was low.

I’m changing batterys know and I have them disconnect hopping the codes clear.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 5 Codes at once and Check Engine Light

I think u are correct about the voltage being low.

Charge batteries, clean connections, and try again sounds like your on correct path.

Maybe someone else will chime in with more experience.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

3. Thanks Abgunnar, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would recommend load testing each battery also.

If they are the originals I would replace anyway.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well I think it was the voltage was to low charged battery’s back up and left them disconnect last night connected them this morning and put it to run some of the codes were there so I cleared them and started truck no check engine light I finished filling trans and drove it a little bit before the snow and seemed good.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    Well I think it was the voltage was to low charged battery’s back up and left them disconnect last night connected them this morning and put it to run some of the codes were there so I cleared them and started truck no check engine light I finished filling trans and drove it a little bit before the snow and seemed good.
    Glad to hear you’re up and running!

Low voltage is no bueno for these trucks.

My bet says you’ll be good to go!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks Abgunnar thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Abgunnar liked this post