Re: Frustrating rant / Noob with problems

There isn't one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Update on rear taillight. Injust now noticed I have no license plate lights either, sonthis would lead to believe a short in wiring somewhere as they are "running lights". Here's the kicker, when I hit unlock or remote start the headlights, one tail light and the license plates lights flash. How if I have a short would it still flash for that? No power at left tail light running light, but power when brake and turn signal are activated on that bulb. License plate lights are on different wires goig into master wire connection so if it was farther up on frame they should be not working too but they do when I hit the remote? I'm lost

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gobig View Post
    Update on rear taillight. Injust now noticed I have no license plate lights either, sonthis would lead to believe a short in wiring somewhere as they are "running lights". Here's the kicker, when I hit unlock or remote start the headlights, one tail light and the license plates lights flash. How if I have a short would it still flash for that? No power at left tail light running light, but power when brake and turn signal are activated on that bulb. License plate lights are on different wires goig into master wire connection so if it was farther up on frame they should be not working too but they do when I hit the remote? I'm lost

Have you tried taking it to the dealership to see what they can find wrong?
    I know this is a pain in the a__ but you may have to take the bed off and retrace and test the whole wiring harness.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Not yet, if they try to say it's the TIPM and flash it with all my deletes it could be an issue.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Your EGR is probably unplugged.

Hell, thats a GOOD thang then....

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

There isn't one?

My apologies, I misread the post.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

1st problem, I recently purchased a 2009 3500 4WD DRW. I have mostly dealt with older models with 12v and 24v so 6.7 was already new to me but, I enjoy a challenge. I had people mention deletes and such but never put much to it until I researched more.

I will be careful as to what information I put in an open post but the truck I purchased had already had some "exhaust work" done to it.

The problem is the previous owner had put a programmer on it obviously to keep this from throwing codes. When it was traded in or whatever he either kept the programmer or dealership removed it. Now every time I get on the throttle it throws either a high or low hard code which I have to keep resetting with my scan-tool. If I don't reset it I cannot use my remote start which here where it's cold, plus diesel, plus newborn baby makes it a pain as I like to warm the cab before I transfer her to and from. This I can live with for now as I work towards a solution. Have reached out to some people and realize what all I am going to need. Bought a used programmer off FB sell site and now realize I almost paid full price for what one sells for ready to be tuned. I still have to buy a vin code then buy tunes which ends up being the price of a new one ready to go. Should have just done that in hindsight. Plus it was missing the pyro probe half of the wiring and usb cord. Got a cord off Amazon and rigged a pyro probe to maybe work??? .....so I count my pennies and wait for w-2's to come in the mail for the rest of what I need. Single dad taking care of two girls def gotta put them first, especially formula being $20 a tote. Milk replacer on the farm for calves is $80 for a 50 lb bag, I wonder what the difference is...LOL.

Other problem, I can't say for sure but ultimately it was around the same time I hooked up my dad's trailer I suddenly lost my drives side marker lights in the tail and dually fender. I have read about every forum I can find and everything pointed to the TIPM needing re-flashed as trailer lights are notorious for throwing it out.

Talked with dealership and a good tech and he doesn't feel it is the TIPM, wasn't trying to sell me a new one like I hear most do, just didn't wanna see me waste the money having it re-flashed for no reason. I have checked the bulb, changed the bulb, swapped left and right bulbs all with same conclusion. I have a brake and and marker light on right tail, both marker lights work on right dually fender. I have a brake light on left tail and no marker light on tail or marker lights on dually fender? I tested the 7-way with a multi-meter and I have juice to the marker lights pole, but that doesn't tell me if it is getting juice from both right and left or just the right is coming through so not a definitive help. Both fuses in TIPM for left and right marker are good (not blown) even swapped them to check.

Anyone who can offer any help or just make me laugh at this point, I could use it.

Thanks!
    Major electrical gremlins for these trucks.

Do you have access to a service manual for these trucks?

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I ended up wiring it into the 4 flat for now.

If it ain't 8 degrees out then it's raining here so once weather breaks

I'll go back through and get it all corrected. License plate lights are still not working, but flash when I hit remote start and lock.

Makes no sense. LOL

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12