Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  67
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 2500 Dead but Battery Charged?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 2500 Dead but Battery Charged?

Guys - my battery drained to zero for some reason.

Hood open?-

Anyway charged it up but I have zero power in car- have power to fuses but nothing works on truck- HELP!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 2500 Dead but Battery Charged?

Quote Originally Posted by bebop86 View Post
    Guys - my battery drained to zero for some reason.

Hood open?-

Anyway charged it up but I have zero power in car- have power to fuses but nothing works on truck- HELP!!
    Were Both batteries charged/tested?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

so a cummins truck requiers many volts to turn over. think about the compression a cummins has. you may have enough to get a reading at a fuse or to light up a dash. get a reading on your batteries.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

My wife left the lights on and the batteries drained.

As like you, charged, but only some lights and nothing else.

Had checked and to many cells bad ... hate to say this ... new batteries needed.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks.

I have no lights or anything- the batteries are new less than one year old.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Is there a fuse that needs to be pulled and reset or maybe went bad that would cause everything to not work?

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bebop86 View Post
    thks- I have no lights or anything- the batteries are new less than one year old
    Friend you could still have a bad battery. I've seen many "new" batteries call it quits.

Cells can short out and completely kill a battery instantly.

Test both batteries separately first before thinking on blown fuses and such.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Check your battery posts to make sure they are clean and tight.

A new battery can have a dead cell.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Likes timshooter40, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Good info on all replies.

Not sure what brand of batteries you bought but they are not all equal on quality and how they will last and recover from being drained.

Also I don't know where you live but if you are in the cold like freezing temps, this really can kill a sub par battery.

If you are able, pull both batteries out and take them to get load tested separate.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

All good info, load test both batteries for sure, also clean battery terminals is a must just because battery terminals look clean doesn't mean they are, if they are dark gray in color and not corroded is not always clean.

Make sure they are shiny before you put on cables, slightest voltage drop plays havoc with these trucks, all trucks for that matter.

Hope this helps.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast