Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  79
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuner Error Messages

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Tuner Error Messages

Not quite sure what all those errors mean, but its probably a connection issue.

Email support@mm3power.com and they will square you away.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, BlackBart thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Well, I did what Ray said and fired off a email. They got back to in bout 2 hours

“Hi Bart,

If the screen doesn't power on but the LED light on the side of the screen flashes that means that the MM3 has gone into a safety mode because there was not enough voltage making it to it.

There are 3 things that can cause that.

Either the batteries on the truck getting week. If this is the case you can start the truck and with the truck running if the MM3 doesn't power up unplug the OBDII cable wait a few seconds and then plug the OBDII cable back in. If the MM3 powers up then it is probably one or both of your batteries getting week.

Or it could be just a connection somewhere that isn't making good enough connection. Get the MM3 all out from under the dash where you can see everything and plug everything in make sure all connections are good and see if it will power up.

If none of this has helped then it could be a bad cable. Let me know if you get to this point in testing and we can go from there.

Thanks,
    Dirk”

In this case, sounds like what I suspected a coupla weeks ago... batteries gittin weak. Might try that first.

4. Thanks DRD, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Well, I did what Ray said and fired off a email. They got back to in bout 2 hours

“Hi Bart,

If the screen doesn't power on but the LED light on the side of the screen flashes that means that the MM3 has gone into a safety mode because there was not enough voltage making it to it.

There are 3 things that can cause that.

Either the batteries on the truck getting week. If this is the case you can start the truck and with the truck running if the MM3 doesn't power up unplug the OBDII cable wait a few seconds and then plug the OBDII cable back in. If the MM3 powers up then it is probably one or both of your batteries getting week.

Or it could be just a connection somewhere that isn't making good enough connection. Get the MM3 all out from under the dash where you can see everything and plug everything in make sure all connections are good and see if it will power up.

If none of this has helped then it could be a bad cable. Let me know if you get to this point in testing and we can go from there.

Thanks,
    Dirk”

In this case, sounds like what I suspected a coupla weeks ago... batteries gittin weak. Might try that first.

Ray has always looked out for us, if he didn’t have a solution he would send you in the right direction, in which he did, awesome !!!!!!
    Keep us posted !!

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

6. Thanks dodgemark, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, dodgemark, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Well, here the latest

Tried to powerin up the tuner again. Got the flashin red and green light. Unplugged the OBD cable for a minute or three and plugged it back in. It powered up, but the dashboard readouts froze after a coupla secs and then I got some kinda “communication timeout” error msg

Told the guy at MM3 that.... He said he’s gonna send me a new micro usb cable and try that first

8. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Well, here the latest

Tried to powerin up the tuner again. Got the flashin red and green light. Unplugged the OBD cable for a minute or three and plugged it back in. It powered up, but the dashboard readouts froze after a coupla secs and then I got some kinda “communication timeout” error msg

Told the guy at MM3 that.... He said he’s gonna send me a new micro usb cable and try that first

Ugh, lets hope the new cable will work!

Thanks for keeping us posted and can’t wait for the next update.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hang in there.

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

10. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Well, here the latest

Anything new did you get the new USB cable yet to try?

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

12. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Opie15 View Post
    Anything new did you get the new USB cable yet to try?

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

Ain't got here yet unfortunately

Worst case scenario I could probably grab one at a phone store... but I think I read somewheres once about them cables carryin voltage at different levels.

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

14. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that hopefully it will get to you soon and will fix your issues.

16. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, BlackBart thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Well I’ll be hornswoggled...

New cable done showed up. Cant wait to see if thats my issue or not. They sent it from Idaho... reckon that explains the holdup.

If it aint that, next step will be the batteries

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

18. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Well I’ll be hornswoggled...

New cable done showed up. Cant wait to see if thats my issue or not. They sent it from Idaho... reckon that explains the holdup.

If it aint that, next step will be the batteries
    Good glad to hear it . I hope that's all it is

20. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast