Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  110
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2500 Super Bouncy?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 2500 Super Bouncy?

I was running mine at 60 front and 65 rear and they were like a brick. O went down to 50 front 45 rear and it was an improvement. Like I said with 20s and the low sidewall you have you probably won't notice much difference but I'd try 50 and 45. Before you go crazy, you may want to try to get a ride in a stock 2500. I can't tell you how often I end up cursing on bumpy roads here in Pennsylvania. You may be expecting too much in terms of ride quality in a lifted 2500. A stock truck will let you know what the best ride that could be expected.
    As far as your lift, I'm guessing it's a 6 inch. Typically the fronts of these trucks are 3 inches higher than the rear. If you measure the block under your rear springs, I'd suspect from the picture that it's 3 inches high. So to level that truck with a 3 inch block in the rear, you'd need a 6 inch spring on the front making it a 6 inch kit. So if u buy shocks you need shocks for a 6 inch lifted truck. If I were going to replace my shocks, I'd try the Fox personally. I've never used them, but like I said I wasn't impressed with the Bilsteins I tried. The Fox get pretty good reviews. As @DDP stated Carli and Fox are top sellers. He can probably chime in with determining exactly what length you need, but honestly at the end of the day, I think you'll find that there's not going to be too much you can really do to improve the ride quality without softer springs. And even that I'd guess will be a marginal improvement with a pretty big investment. I've been driving lifted trucks and Jeeps all my life. Now at 50 there is just too much downside for me to have a lifted daily driver. I sure love the look but a leveled 2500 is no small truck to begin with and keeps me happy. I still consider lifting mine at least once a month, but then I talk myself off the ledge LOL!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    I was running mine at 60 front and 65 rear and they were like a brick. O went down to 50 front 45 rear and it was an improvement. Like I said with 20s and the low sidewall you have you probably won't notice much difference but I'd try 50 and 45. Before you go crazy, you may want to try to get a ride in a stock 2500. I can't tell you how often I end up cursing on bumpy roads here in Pennsylvania. You may be expecting too much in terms of ride quality in a lifted 2500. A stock truck will let you know what the best ride that could be expected.
    As far as your lift, I'm guessing it's a 6 inch. Typically the fronts of these trucks are 3 inches higher than the rear. If you measure the block under your rear springs, I'd suspect from the picture that it's 3 inches high. So to level that truck with a 3 inch block in the rear, you'd need a 6 inch spring on the front making it a 6 inch kit. So if u buy shocks you need shocks for a 6 inch lifted truck. If I were going to replace my shocks, I'd try the Fox personally. I've never used them, but like I said I wasn't impressed with the Bilsteins I tried. The Fox get pretty good reviews. As @DDP stated Carli and Fox are top sellers. He can probably chime in with determining exactly what length you need, but honestly at the end of the day, I think you'll find that there's not going to be too much you can really do to improve the ride quality without softer springs. And even that I'd guess will be a marginal improvement with a pretty big investment. I've been driving lifted trucks and Jeeps all my life. Now at 50 there is just too much downside for me to have a lifted daily driver. I sure love the look but a leveled 2500 is no small truck to begin with and keeps me happy. I still consider lifting mine at least once a month, but then I talk myself off the ledge LOL!

Okay, I will give it a shot lowering the pressure more... however, I'm pretty confident it won't have much impact since I've had it that low before I think.

Is there any way to determine the lift height, or even brand/model? Not sure if there's typically a model number or some manufacturer details stamped into X part or something like that. I want to say it's a 4" because I've seen a handful of 2500s that have beefy lifts(as opposed to leveling) and they always seem to be taller. I'm in Texas, so theyre plentiful out here LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I'd measure your rear lift block. Whatever that measures, add 2 or 3 and that should give you an idea of what your lift is in inches. (I have rear leafs in my 2013 so I'm not sure if the coil spring rear trucks '14 and later are level from the factory or not?) The front coils on aftermarket lifts will sometimes have either a paper tag like you have on your rear coils in the photo or a number or brand stamped into one of the ends. That may be impossible to see with them installed. You also may be able to find a stamp it identifying mark on one of your drop bracketry front or rear. Most of these companies are proud of their stuff and will put some type of indentifying mark somewhere, but not all the time. You may be able to identify the brackets by comparing them to photos of other brands as well. They are all similar but may have different shapes or relief cutouts that could help identify them. The size is more important than the brand I'd think in your case so I wouldn't get too hung up on identifying the manufacturer. Can you contact the previous owner for info?

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I'd measure your rear lift block. Whatever that measures, add 2 or 3 and that should give you an idea of what your lift is in inches. (I have rear leafs in my 2013 so I'm not sure if the coil spring rear trucks '14 and later are level from the factory or not?) The front coils on aftermarket lifts will sometimes have either a paper tag like you have on your rear coils in the photo or a number or brand stamped into one of the ends. That may be impossible to see with them installed. You also may be able to find a stamp it identifying mark on one of your drop bracketry front or rear. Most of these companies are proud of their stuff and will put some type of indentifying mark somewhere, but not all the time. You may be able to identify the brackets by comparing them to photos of other brands as well. They are all similar but may have different shapes or relief cutouts that could help identify them. The size is more important than the brand I'd think in your case so I wouldn't get too hung up on identifying the manufacturer. Can you contact the previous owner for info?

Unfortunately no, I bought it like this from the dealer.

8. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

You may be able to go to the dealer and check on the service history and maybe if you're really lucky they will give you a copy with the previous owners info. It's a long shot but I got lucky and did that when I got my 2003 in 2005 used. The dealership here in PA "forgot" to black out his info. I contacted him in Texas. He was able to send me an excel spreadsheet he had saved for the truck with every mod, price, filter and oil changes etc... It was really lucky but...

10. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I will have to get under there and check all the lift hardware, or what I assume is the lift hardware. Would the shocks be matching the lift? I do see various numbers on the shock itself that lead me to believe it's a Rancho.

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Are there any specific components from my images earlier that tell you what TYPE of lift it is? Drop bracket, radius arm, etc... I'm not that versed in suspension lift kits

14. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Nothing I see can identify the lift brand, but there are radius arm drop brackets and track bar relocation brackets both front and rear so everything to correct the geometry seems to be present from what I can tell, which is good. There's a good possibility it is a rancho lift, however I've seen all kinds of different brand shocks come with lifts. A lift manufacturer may use any different brand of shock with their lift. Sometimes they can even be rebranded, but still manufactured by a parent company, different company etc... Sometimes brackets will be stamped with a part number or brand name, often they aren't though.

16. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I've circled your drop brackets. Check those for identifying marks or numbers.

18. Thanks jgruberman, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

No numbers except a 420 etched on the front drop bracket.

Measurements between the factory and aftermarket bolt holes on the brackets(if that helps) from front to back is 3.5", 3", 4".

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast