Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  110
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2500 Super Bouncy?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: 2500 Super Bouncy?

Location of that bracket from further away, the number likely means nothing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

In the one pic it almost looks like your front coil is bowing a fair amount? Maybe just the pic. I have the Carli commuter kit on my 17. I got an awesome deal on it and put it on at 1,000 miles on the odometer. I can say that it is worth every penny! Coming from a half ton ram to this, the 2500 rides far better now. I will also say that depending on your driving style the Fox 2.0's might not be able to keep up. I was happy with mine for a while but they just don't control the truck the way I would like, and sometimes i get a little more bounce than necessary. I'm waiting for my King 2.5's to ship now. In my opinion these trucks should come with a larger bodied shock to begin with. They are very heavy! I usually run 45/35 front rear tire pressures. This is off a calculation I found on Thuren's website I believe. If it were me I would be looking into Carli or Thuren springs and their respective shock packages.

4. Likes Noneck, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

The part number on the bracket matters to the manufacturer, whoever that is.

Maybe Google the part number under different lift manufacturers?

The drop brackets are probably used in both 6 inch and 4 inch lifts, that's why I suggested measuring the rear lift block to get an idea of your total lift height.

And yes that spring looks bowed bit I've seen that on other lifted trucks but not always.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

I happened upon this last night.

Note their tire and wheel recommendations.

So pretty much everything done to your truck has effectively decreased the ride quality.

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

8. Thanks watersupply189, jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, jgruberman liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    I happened upon this last night.

Note their tire and wheel recommendations.

So pretty much everything done to your truck has effectively decreased the ride quality.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...dde0b2fcca.jpg

I'm a little confused... who is Carli? And the only thing I see I can do to improve is lower my tire pressure to 45/40? Also, not sure if this is the same thing but my ride isn't stiff at all, it's super bouncy... is it the same concept?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

@DDP - do you have any recommendations for aftermarket shocks I could be using in the rear to help reduce some of the bounce that will work with my current lift configuration?

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I personally think if your truck is super bouncy then your springs are really really soft or your shocks are worn out... maybe both?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

14. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes jgruberman liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    @DDP - do you have any recommendations for aftermarket shocks I could be using in the rear to help reduce some of the bounce that will work with my current lift configuration?

Most of my customers go after the fox shocks first with and then their second choice is Bilsteins.

Depending how you drive your truck and what road conditions you are on most of the time will determine if you need to get the extra cooling of the resi’s.

Shoot me a message bud and I’ll help ya pick out the best ones for ya.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Noneck, jgruberman liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Not to be a smart ***, but is this your first 2500?

You may want to drive a factory stock one and compare if so.

In my experience a lifted truck will always ride worse than a factory truck.

I will say that the 2inch level on my 13 2500 actually made it ride a little nicer using just coil spring spacers in the front.

Instead of going nose first into bumps and potholes, it feels like it's going over them now, but a full on lift will typically decrease ride comfort.

a proper valved shock and suspension will driver way better than stock.
    if you want some good suspension reading info for Ram/Dodge trucks . go to www.thurenfabrication.com up top under tech.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

18. Likes Noneck, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    Most of my customers go after the fox shocks first with and then their second choice is Bilsteins.

Depending how you drive your truck and what road conditions you are on most of the time will determine if you need to get the extra cooling of the resi’s.

Shoot me a message bud and I’ll help ya pick out the best ones for ya.
    PM sent, thanks in advance for the purchasing advice

20. Likes Noneck, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast