Likes Likes:  20
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 6.7L Cummins Problems?

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    At least you caught it. I'm way late.

Sorry @truck_whore to the forum.
    @Polaraco might be a very old coot and needs a tuneup monthly, but he knows his S*** and won't direct you wrong .....
    Snort Hiss cough cough snort gag smack smack smack Yawn smack smack Stretch yawn

Don't tell them that. . . I'll lose my beauty sleep.

Yeah I do know my ****. But it changes every day. LOL

No Joke. I saw on TV there is a new way of getting a colon exam. You send this outfit your used TP in a special box. Can you imagine?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post

Why are you concerned about #6. I suggest you start a new thread with all this.

My wife idles it for hours without bumping up the throttle. From what I hear that is a no no and hard on the rear cylendors.

3. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dennisnielsen View Post
    My wife idles it for hours without bumping up the throttle. From what I hear that is a no no and hard on the rear cylendors.
    I think that's bogus info. Something out of Cummins Forum maybe. I've never heard of such a thing.

The only thing I can think of is the cylinders will eventually load up. It probably puffs a good deal of black smoke when sh moves. But she should go to fast idle.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Just bought my first truck with a diesel engine. A 2018 RAM 2500 4wd 6.7. Any advise on use of additives, filters, etc, etc...would be appreciated. Further, is there a manual or booklet outlining any recommendations, filter part numbers, etc available? Jim q ln

5. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moonchaser View Post
    Just bought my first truck with a diesel engine. A 2018 RAM 2500 4wd 6.7. Any advise on use of additives, filters, etc, etc...would be appreciated. Further, is there a manual or booklet outlining any recommendations, filter part numbers, etc available? Jim q ln
    Fleetguard Filters Valvoline Premium Blue 15W40 oil is great so is Amsoil and few other name brands for oil

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

360k No problems ,,, lost the ac clutch awhile back,, oem 68RFE transmission added TCM from Dragonian, I pull with it at least two times a week up to 22k

8. Likes PWRWAGN, Gearheadgregg liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by truck_whore View Post
    I would even go as far as to say people make up fake accounts and claim there are problems when there are not (regardless of what truck you have...it's big money now. I mean a lot of this information we read comes from a forum. Not a official source. I have read about class action suits on the Cummins 6.7 but it is not all years. 07.5 to 09. Thats a pretty good record I think. But that is what I would expect. And Ford has had it's share of litigation as well. The Duramax has also faced class action suits. My point is anybody who gets up and claims what they have is the ultimate (outside 5.9 owners) are FOS. OH yeah. And the 7.3L PSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd91 View Post
    That's an honest opinion. I'm not sure why you are so worried about the 6.7 cummins when it has a better track record than the 6.7 ps and has had longer to work the bugs out. I never tried to convince you the PS is junk, I was very happy with how well the tuned one I've driven ran. I'm still not convinced of the longevity of the design, there are just too many things to go wrong.
    I've done a little work on the 6.7 PS and it was a PITA getting around under the hood. I've done a bit more on 6.7 cummins and have really enjoyed them, especially when deleted and/or modified. I have not worked with 2012 or 2013 rams, but I here very good things on interior and build quality. The main difference with the 2013 will be the urea, which some view as a nuisance, but you should already be used to. If you use a 6.7 cummins like a truck (towing, etc.) you should get many trouble free miles out of it bone stock. Eventually you will have trouble with the emissions equipment, but likely not until or after the 100k mile mark. The injectors in the 6.7 are a better design than the common rail 5.9 injectors, though they can still be prone the failure like any common rail injector. The most important thing for then is well filtered fuel.
    Yup I remember well. You youngins don't know me, but I was one of the pioneers of the deletes. Basically we were lab rats for cummins. The law said the BlueTech system was not mandatory until 2010. Catalytic converters were. You couldn't buy a truck without it, it cost $2500 back then. It cost us 2500 to get rid of it properly. That said, there was nothing wrong with the 6.7 otherwise. It was actually a better engine than the 5.9 in a lot of ways. Cummins tightened up on the assembly specs. With the emission controls installed, the average Meen time was 285,000 miles. With the emissions removed, they're living as long as the 5.9's did. I wouldn't mind stuffing one in my 03. If I was 30 years younger maybe

10. Likes Power247, david3gen, Yamahamod liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

I have a 2016 3500 dually with 6.7 HO and Aisin trans.

I only have 500 miles on it as I don't use it much.

I am hoping to use it to trailer a backhoe loader from Michigan to Alaska and will be towing more than 10K.

My question is if I have the truck deleted will I get in trouble with DOT inspections in the States or Canada if I am just passing through and have to stop at weigh stations.

Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456