Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 6.7L Cummins Problems?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

I have a 2013 2500 tradesman quad cab short bed and have only had one problem with it so far and have 14,000 on the clock the problem was with the radio the non fancy one but according to my fiance who works for a dodge dealer locally all the radio's are giving problems in all makes and models. I have the Def and DPF and only had to Regen once and only took a couple seconds while driving. Most people say there having g problems with it not doing an automatic Regen but never had that problem. As far as programmers and deletes In my honest opinion there's no need for it I'm getting right around 17 mpg and towing a 32' gooseneck deck over. I get about 12 with 18,000lbs on it with the trailer it's over weight for the towing capacity of 17,980lbs and still pulled strong I have a buddy with a 13 to with no problems. Def normally lasts me about 5000 miles and to fill up it costs me. $14 from the E line. I would suggest going to the pump if your going to get Def if possible it's 2.79 a gallon in frystown and pinegrove pa if your getting it in a2.5 gallon jug which can be a pain in the *** to fill sometimes it will cost you round 17 I can get 5 gallons for less than that. Don't know if this will help but thought I would add my 2 cents

2. Likes Cummins7, Hulk liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

I have a 2014 2500 I have 80,000 on it and I will never get rid of this truck I have put 15k behind it and it drives like it's empty I dive about 200 miles a day get about 18.5 love it going to delete it in the next month

4. Top Of Page | #43
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a 2012 Cummins. Almost hit 70k before engine code. Dealer says turbo pressure too high. Turbo went out. Still under so I'm not out of pocket anything but, my friend had a 2010 went through I think 3 turbos before his warranty expired.
    I love my truck, but the second that warranty expires I'm getting rid of all that emissions BS. It, in my opinion kills the 6.7.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justinfrench28 View Post
    I have a 2012 Cummins. Almost hit 70k before engine code. Dealer says turbo pressure too high. Turbo went out. Still under so I'm not out of pocket anything but, my friend had a 2010 went through I think 3 turbos before his warranty expired.
    I love my truck, but the second that warranty expires I'm getting rid of all that emissions BS. It, in my opinion kills the 6.7.

Really glad to hear you dealer is doing the right thing. Hearing more and more of guys being blown off these days.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Really glad to hear you dealer is doing the right thing. Hearing more and more of guys being blown off these days.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    OMG Someone call house Keeping and clean up the dust and cobwebs. LOL This thread is 3 years old! I still had my 08 then.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #46
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    OMG Someone call house Keeping and clean up the dust and cobwebs. LOL This thread is 3 years old! I still had my 08 then.
    Just trying to keep it alive LOL

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #47
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm still trying to get all the good out of my 2010. I think it'll outlast me.

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Bought a new 2007.5 6.7 Cummins that was 2010 smog compliant and did a TBE, Smarty Jr. & stuffed some brass freeze plugs to block the EGR early on in it's life. Since the wife bought it for me SHE chose a Laramie with an automatic transmission. =/ Besides wishing for a standard transmission... I have no regrets. I can get 20 MPG with the crew cab dually 4WD after deletes. Just about to hit 100,000. miles now and it spit a P2262 code. Hot day, pulling 11 round bales of hay I de-accelerated then went to mash the throttle and the turbo was sleeping for a few seconds before it spooled up. Even deleting the EGR's carbon assault on the mill the Holset He351ve turbo now needs servicing. In Cummins defense I idled a lot before knowing to bump it up by using the cruise control feature to bump up the idle. I am sweating the condition on #6 piston because of it though. Bore scope might calm my worries though. About to do studs with the head on "if bore scope checks good" and tossing the 300 series turbo and getting a Borg Warner S464 along with everything to do the conversion. Testing the injectors and going to toss the stock fuel filter and do a 2 micron rated aftermarket. Retiring the Smarty Jr and going EFI live for correct mapping for towing & bumping up line pressure to the transmission. This way I should be able to milk half a million miles out of the 6.7 with maybe a fully updated transmission with a huge cooler in the future. BG products 44K and decloaking spray works wonders BTW. Lucas products also. Kinda' long winded for a first post.

15. Top Of Page | #49
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

How rude of me. WELCOME

At least you caught it. I'm way late.

Sorry @truck_whore to the forum.
    @Polaraco might be a very old coot and needs a tuneup monthly, but he knows his S*** and won't direct you wrong .....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

16. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dennisnielsen View Post
    Bought a new 2007.5 6.7 Cummins that was 2010 smog compliant and did a TBE, Smarty Jr. & stuffed some brass freeze plugs to block the EGR early on in it's life. Since the wife bought it for me SHE chose a Laramie with an automatic transmission. =/ Besides wishing for a standard transmission... I have no regrets. I can get 20 MPG with the crew cab dually 4WD after deletes. Just about to hit 100,000. miles now and it spit a P2262 code. Hot day, pulling 11 round bales of hay I de-accelerated then went to mash the throttle and the turbo was sleeping for a few seconds before it spooled up. Even deleting the EGR's carbon assault on the mill the Holset He351ve turbo now needs servicing. In Cummins defense I idled a lot before knowing to bump it up by using the cruise control feature to bump up the idle. I am sweating the condition on #6 piston because of it though. Bore scope might calm my worries though. About to do studs with the head on "if bore scope checks good" and tossing the 300 series turbo and getting a Borg Warner S464 along with everything to do the conversion. Testing the injectors and going to toss the stock fuel filter and do a 2 micron rated aftermarket. Retiring the Smarty Jr and going EFI live for correct mapping for towing & bumping up line pressure to the transmission. This way I should be able to milk half a million miles out of the 6.7 with maybe a fully updated transmission with a huge cooler in the future. BG products 44K and decloaking spray works wonders BTW. Lucas products also. Kinda' long winded for a first post.

Why are you concerned about #6. I suggest you start a new thread with all this.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast