Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.7L Cummins Problems?

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I don't see how putting that so far down stream and behind all those restrictions can slow the turbo down?
    Because it goes back into the intake post turbo

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

The 6.7 was de-rated for it's life expectancy. The 24V 5.9 was like 680K and the 6.7 is down to 320K. However, according to Cummins, the quality was upgraded in production and in components. We've been lab rats for Cummins for 7 years now. Since I was one of the delete pioneers, beta testing about 4 systems and a couple of my own.

According to the laws, pre-2010, the system was voluntary. We paid $2500 for it whether we wanted it or not. It cost us that much to delete all that crap and getting them running right. But the deletes put the motor in a position to put out the miles diesels are historically noted for.

Just sayin

With the EPA run by a bunch of ignorant flakes, I decided to get rid of the 08 and get an older one. The amazing thing is, this 03 runs incredibly clean. I really think those engineers have their heads in a real dark place.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not the greatest milage, but the power to pull anything ways in there. The only problem has been the particulate filter code

4. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If planning on deleting anyway don't listen to the sales guy about 07.6-09 being bad... My 09 has been deleted since 09. Followed Grumpy's advice on doing it. Been building it up and adding more power as I brake the weakest point since LOL. If I left the programmer alone and not been racing the truck most of the summer I bet I could claim zero issues. But my fun peddle is too tempting

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Who you calling grumpy!

I get a kick out of you guys. Here I am working on MPG and ultimately got a better running truck than the guys putting all that effort into performance. I used mostly the same components but targeted torque over HP.
    In some ways I miss that truck, but I still like the 5.9. It has a few minor issues, but it runs almost as good as the 6.7 did. Who needs 50 more cubes

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Lmao. The good part is that efficiency is power. So to a degree I'm after better mpgs and a better running truck, I'm just doing it looking at HP knowing torque will follow, and properly tuned will give me the most amount of power available with no excess fuel being wasted resulting in better economy. :-)

7. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's what I'm telling the wife anyway lmao

8. Top Of Page | #28
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

or you could be like me, and just go big

9. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

trying to impress the girls again? LOL

10. Top Of Page | #30
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

nope have a wife, just having fun

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast