Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.7L Cummins Problems?

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Steve, what do you have against Dave Smith? They've had very competitive pricing for new vehicles in our dealings with them

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Big dealers and fast talkers. I can't stand that

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have bought two or three trucks from them. One time I got burned. But it was 100% the salesman who no longer works there. But being close to Kellogg it's easy to do. You have to keep in mind Chris, when you had to work on a Cummins did you decide it was less than? They are all the same man. They all will come in for repairs. You can't base how good a truck is based on how easy they are to work on. Yes the 2003-2009 PSDs I avoided like the plague. They were junk IMHO. I had read and read and didn't like what I read. It's no coincidence I avoided 2003-2009 PSDs. I didn't get a 2010 either. But between the emissions and the software, I think all 3 are going to see problems and people who mod via DPF deletes, programmers, etc unless your out of warranty, no way. I want one. I want lots of stuff but it's not worth the risk. In particular when the Ford tech tells me it will void my warranty. I can say Dave Smith would be more likely to look the other way because they sell the "sling shot edition" which has everything including NOS.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I'm just telling you I had no trouble with my mods what so ever. I did them right. The horror stories are those who didn't listen. Lots of the guessers out there.Never did well with big dealers. My deletes were done the first day from new.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I'm just telling you I had no trouble with my mods what so ever. I did them right. The horror stories are those who didn't listen. Lots of the guessers out there.Never did well with big dealers. My deletes were done the first day from new.
    Agreed, the happiest people with 6.7s are the ones who delete. Everyone I meet who has deleted wish they had done it earlier.

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The 13 model of the 2500 and 3500 uses the same emission system the C&C trucks use. It uses urea and has been pretty much problem free on the C&C models. Think that is about all that needs to be said about the emission systems on the trucks prior to the 2013. Dodge got rid of it because it was a problem. The system on the C&C trucks worked with little or no issues so they standardized on it.

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcdebol View Post
    The 13 model of the 2500 and 3500 uses the same emission system the C&C trucks use. It uses urea and has been pretty much problem free on the C&C models. Think that is about all that needs to be said about the emission systems on the trucks prior to the 2013. Dodge got rid of it because it was a problem. The system on the C&C trucks worked with little or no issues so they standardized on it.
    Why they took the EGR gasses right off the exhaust manifold is one beyond me. I would have grabbed them after the DPF. I was working on a system like that, but abandoned it for lack if the proper bending equipment. No Soot at all. Cooling was going to be with finned tubing and low enough to get plenty of travel air.

Cat did something similar, but used refrigerant to cool the gasses

9. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Why they took the EGR gasses right off the exhaust manifold is one beyond me. I would have grabbed them after the DPF. I was working on a system like that, but abandoned it for lack if the proper bending equipment. No Soot at all. Cooling was going to be with finned tubing and low enough to get plenty of travel air.

Because post DPF would require lots of tubing and would create packaging isdues

10. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

They had to find a place that creates more pressure than the turbo. Otherwise you loose boost when you open it up. There was a big write up on why they did it the way they did. To me it would have made more sense to have put it behind the DPF and brought it in on the other side of the turbo.

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I don't see how putting that so far down stream and behind all those restrictions can slow the turbo down?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast