Ok, so I am looking into DRD tuning, and I have come to find that there are differences in the Engine beyond just being de-tuned in the computer.

I currently have the truck down due to turbo issues with the VSV and actuator. It was replaced 9K miles ago under warranty, but with it coming back so fast and the BD tuner being in the truck, they pretty much told me I was SOL.

I was waiting until I was out of warranty until I did the upgrades to it which ends within a couple weeks anyways, so now its time to start upgrading it instead of just putting the stock repair parts on it.

What I am currently thinking is to change out the parts that are different between the C&C and truck engines and then tune it as if it was a normal truck.

What I am looking for right now is to verify what parts are different, and what about them is different.

So far what I have come up with is:

Turbo, smaller wheel and cold side housing (Unsure of what the actual wheel size is as I had 3 different places tell me 3 different sizes)
Head, non-hardened valve seats
Injectors, smaller shot. (I haven't taken the time to figure out how much of a difference)

If anyone knows of any other differences, please post them up.

From what I have been able to dig up, I am thinking that by changing these parts to the truck ones, I can then tune it like a normal truck one and it would work fine. Of course they wouldn't be "stock" truck parts.

Does anyone know of someone else that has done this and/or has hands on feedback about doing it?