Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowering my RAM?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lowering my RAM?

I'm looking for info on how to lower my 4X4 RAM.

I don't want to make it into a low-rider or anything like that, I just want to lower it a few inches so our 5th wheel rides closer to nose-level.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Lowering my RAM?

Plenty of lowering springs available. The majority of them are 2" lowering springs for the rear. You probably won't fine much to lower the front without air suspension. Rear lower sounds like it might be what you're looking for anyways though.

Look into Carli maybe.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Double post:

But actually rear airbags are probably more what you are shooting for to level the ride out while towing.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post
    I'm looking for info on how to lower my 4X4 RAM.

I don't want to make it into a low-rider or anything like that, I just want to lower it a few inches so our 5th wheel rides closer to nose-level.
    Assuming you have looked into any possible height adjustments on your hitch.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes watersupply189, 6.7 Coal Train liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks guys for your input. I can't flip the axels as they are already are. I really need to lower the whole thing. Front and back. Can't do anything about the hitch hight. It's already at the minimum clearance to the truck sidewalls. The 5r is already at 13' +". Because of the nose high stance things can get quite 'exciting' when pulling, especially in a crosswind or going downhill.

10. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks guys for your input. I can't flip the axels as they are already are. I really need to lower the whole thing. Front and back. Can't do anything about the hitch hight. It's already at the minimum clearance to the truck sidewalls. The 5r is already at 13' +". Because of the nose high stance things can get quite 'exciting' when pulling, especially in a crosswind or going downhill.

Yes, I agree you want to make sure the fiver is level, parallel to the ground when towing long hauls. I have a friend who added air bags to the rear of his truck that raised the front of his fifth wheel. He blew out the rear tandem trailer tires due to too much weight on the rear most tires twice before he figured it out. Each time the tires blew it took out the wheel well and side of the fiver. Over $3000 each time. Just something to keep in mind.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Yes, I agree you want to make sure the fiver is level, parallel to the ground when towing long hauls. I have a friend who added air bags to the rear of his truck that raised the front of his fifth wheel. He blew out the rear tandem trailer tires due to too much weight on the rear most tires twice before he figured it out. Each time the tires blew it took out the wheel well and side of the fiver. Over $3000 each time. Just something to keep in mind.
    Thanks Bob, that's one of the things I'm worried about.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I remembered last night that I put Timbrins back in last summer. I'm taking them back out today.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I remembered last night that I put Timbrins back in last summer. I'm taking them back out today.
    Glad you remembered, that should take care of your concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I think it'll help.

Course I had two go buy metric wrenches because the only thing I brought was American Standard.

Sinister Diesel oil bypass

20. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast