Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Stock 68RFE

1. Top Of Page | #21

Re: Bye Bye Stock 68RFE

I like the sounds of that!

2. Likes watersupply189, kflynn318 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

Glad I found this post, my 68RFE just went out and I’ve been shopping around and never heard of them but will definitely check into them now.

4. Likes watersupply189, kflynn318 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jones320 View Post
    Glad I found this post, my 68RFE just went out and I’ve been shopping around and never heard of them but will definitely check into them now.

I have a couple thousand miles on it so far.

About 500 towing my 5th wheel 15-16k pounds and I can drive it without a worry the same way with or without the trailer it holds up to abuse.

2018 Ram 3500 Big Horn 4x4 4.10 dually: Amp XL steps, pedal programmer, tuned by DRD with mm3, s&b intake, flo pro race pipe, Sinister EGR and throttle valve delete. Next Gen Competition transmission, RevMax thermal bypass. Premium member.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kflynn318 View Post
    Fellow Cummins guy pulled up next to me at a light, revved multiple times so I said F it, cranked the DRD tunes up to 5 (200HP) and boost launched off the line, needless to say the tires stayed hooked and boost gauge maxed at the 39.82psi.
    Did you win?

8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnthrope View Post
    Did you win?
    I did

2018 Ram 3500 Big Horn 4x4 4.10 dually: Amp XL steps, pedal programmer, tuned by DRD with mm3, s&b intake, flo pro race pipe, Sinister EGR and throttle valve delete. Next Gen Competition transmission, RevMax thermal bypass. Premium member.

9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Is that NextGen transmission still holding up for you? Was looking at a Revmax or Nextgen here in the next couple months.

10. Likes kflynn318, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by travelingcummins View Post
    Is that NextGen transmission still holding up for you? Was looking at a Revmax or Nextgen here in the next couple months.
    Still holding strong and I beat on it constantly, I’ve put 15k miles on it and no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by travelingcummins View Post
    I got two next gen “top of the line builds” on my bench currently getting rebuilt neither one lasted 10k miles.

Read next gen reviews before you spend a bunch of money with him.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, kflynn318 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

So are they good or shiot Chris?

16. Top Of Page | #30
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Bye Bye Stock 68RFE

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerDave View Post
    So are they good or shiot Chris?

I’ll start with his valve bodies. Every valve body of his I’ve seen failed a vacuum test on the solenoid switch valve. For those that don’t know the solenoid switch valve or ssv is the most important thing to fix in the valve body.

The drop in valve he uses only addresses the end plugs it doesn’t fix the ssv portion of the valve. If you don’t address a worn ssv valve you will burn up overdrive.

Same issue with his pumps there are 5 valves that have to be checked and in most places replaced. Also their are some “proprietary” upgrades we do that make these things last behind high hp trucks. He either doesn’t know them or doesn’t care. The ones I’ve seen none of the updates were done. Once again you don’t fix these issues you burn up the trans.

Keep in mind all the trans from him I’ve seen were rated for 750hp cost over 10k for that amount of money I expect the best of the best.

By far the worst transmission I’ve ever seen in my 15 years of building transmissions came from him.

Customer waited 4 months after paying for the transmission and sending in his core to have built.
    He brought the transmission straight to me after receiving it He read reviews and wanted to check it out.

The pump and the valve body vacuum test failed on every valve but one. None of the bushings through out the trans had been replaced and were severely worn. Od clutch pack clearance was set out side of loosest allow spec. And the worst part was the low reverse drum hadn’t even been rebuilt he loaded this $12,500 dollar transmission with a used low reverse drum setup. The whole inside of the transmission was filthy. I couldn’t believe it even knowing how he conducts business.

When called out on it he denied everything said it wasn’t his trans we were trying to screw him and give him a bad name I have video from the point I opened up his sealed transmission packaging to the complete tear down and inspection to prove it was his he still denied it.

Nate has a silver tongue and a hell of a marketing strategy but his work speaks for itself.

If anyone doubts anything I have said all you have to do is join one of the many 68RFE transmission pages on Facebook and search for next gen you will see how many people he has screwed.

17. Thanks kflynn318 thanked for this post
    Likes kflynn318 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast