Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  88
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bye Bye Stock 68RFE

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Bye Bye Stock 68RFE

Yeah when I was looking into transmissions to kill some time, next gen definitely has a lot of controversy.

From a bunch of Facebook failures post with evidence of failures, especially his custom valve bodies.

His BBB has horrible reviews, also says all his bad Yelp/Google reviews get deleted.

His transmission address is the same as another transmission shops, (which is really weird), also seen post that he doesn't have his BAR mechanics license (not familiar with California Law also not sure if true).

As I have not seen this stuff in person however and I doubt tons of people are lying (always going to get one or two pissed off customers who lie or turn up the power then break something), even if he his a good transmission shop I don't want to deal with all that drama and wait time.

Last is with his warranty it's pretty much non existent.

Again saying this is just what I have found online through basic searches not even paid searches, have not seen the stuff in person.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

2. Likes kflynn318, Mdavlee liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Almost forgot there is a group dedicated to his work called Next gen diesel transmission failure support on face book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks kflynn318 thanked for this post
    Likes kflynn318 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    Yeah when I was looking into transmissions to kill some time, next gen definitely has a lot of controversy.

From a bunch of Facebook failures post with evidence of failures, especially his custom valve bodies.

His BBB has horrible reviews, also says all his bad Yelp/Google reviews get deleted.

His transmission address is the same as another transmission shops, (which is really weird), also seen post that he doesn't have his BAR mechanics license (not familiar with California Law also not sure if true).

As I have not seen this stuff in person however and I doubt tons of people are lying (always going to get one or two pissed off customers who lie or turn up the power then break something), even if he his a good transmission shop I don't want to deal with all that drama and wait time.

Last is with his warranty it's pretty much non existent.

Again saying this is just what I have found online through basic searches not even paid searches, have not seen the stuff in person.

I plan on sending mine to Red Horse Motorsport or Revmax or Randys Transmission.
    Definitely a lot of mixed info online about his stuff... guess I’m lucky I got a decent one or it’s a ticking time Bomb...

6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Almost forgot there is a group dedicated to his work called Next gen diesel transmission failure support on facebook.

Damn, more worried about the transmissions I’ve put in customer trucks now.

7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Well my tranny guy here in Calgary and rebuilt mine from the bottom up new everything and I'm very happy with the work he did.

I would never send my tranny off in hopes its gonna do good

If I can't trust my guy I wouldn't take it to him I'd just go with a new stock one LOL.

8. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerDave View Post
    Well my tranny guy here in Calgary and rebuilt mine from the bottom up new everything and I'm very happy with the work he did.

I would never send my tranny off in hopes its gonna do good

If I can't trust my guy I wouldn't take it to him I'd just go with a new stock one LOL.
    That's the best way to do it, find a local person who knows exactly what they are doing.

With transmissions I feel there is no room for error, everything is exact and if you don't find the right person willing to take the time you will always have problems.

Curious to see if Ram is still going to make there own trans for the new trucks and call it, 70RFE.

Or another option is to use the Gm/Ford 10r140 / 10L1000 setup.

Cummins already has the 1000trq motor just need a trans to hold it, if they figure that out the 2500 can have it same as GM & Ford.

Not counting the Aisin trans since it's old, expensive, 6 speed, and worst of all non tuneable .

Still a very good trans, from what i have read and herd unless you tow everyday it's really a rugged trans that doesn't like casual driving.

Personal never driven one but I could believe it.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

9. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Ya man.

If it poops the bed at least you can work on it right away and not have to wait 2 months.

I'm not a fan of shipping my stuff off for repair.

8 weeks later get it back and it's still %$#@&ed.

I like being there when there doing stuff to my truck so I can watch and learn in case I have to do it myself which I have had to do in the field at work.

So the reputable local guy usually knows what's up.

11. Likes watersupply189, kflynn318 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234