Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  102
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best Tires?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Best Tires?

Quote Originally Posted by sycoink View Post
    Damn you are having an actuator problem? Me too.

I currently have mine unplugged for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out my post.

Bought the city diesel actuator from Geno’s Garage.

It’s NOT ren-manned, and no calibration needed. Plug and play.

Worth the money!

2. Thanks watersupply189, jas, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS View Post
    Check out my post.

Bought the city diesel actuator from Geno’s Garage.

It’s NOT ren-manned, and no calibration needed. Plug and play.

Worth the money!
    Dude you just saved my ***!

I was planning to just replace the whole turbo when I got the head gasket fixed.

I’ve been living without an exhaust brake for almost 2 years now because I couldn’t get around to replacing the whole turbo!

As for the tire discussion, a friend recommended the Yokohama Geolander MT. I got a set of 35x12.50x20 off Amazon for $1,300.00.

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    Dude you just saved my ***!

I was planning to just replace the whole turbo when I got the head gasket fixed.

I’ve been living without an exhaust brake for almost 2 years now because I couldn’t get around to replacing the whole turbo!

As for the tire discussion, a friend recommended the Yokohama Geolander MT. I got a set of 35x12.50x20 off Amazon for $1,300.00.
    Hey bud just wanted to drop in and let you know if you have any questions or guidance just holler at me.

Name is Caleb.

I do have one very critical suggestion though.

Go ahead and check the actuator to make sure it’s truly the problem.

If that arm inside can still move from left to right then you’re golden, but if not it’s the turbo thats shot.

Gotta be dang sure you drain every drop of coolant possible when performing these task. Like I said just holler.

Sorry guys for the de-railing.

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Don't know about best, but after a LOT of research... and keeping budget in mind... ended up with Cooper AT3 XLT.

Very quite. Had put a lot of miles on BFG's on previous vehicle but with their price at almost $400 per tire, wasn't going that way.

Choice was between the Falken Wildpeak and the Cooper. Ended up with Cooper since it is US made and about 10k mile more treadlife warranty.

There are lots of good options out there, but again, based on the budget and reviews those were my two final choices, and I don't think I'll have any complaints on the Coopers.

ESPECIALLY after the junky Transforce stock tires that just got replaced!!!

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Welp.... Im gonna be in the market for new rubber before too long. Had one fella on here warn me off Michelins. My Firestones aint been too bad... but I ran Goodyear Wranglers on a Ford Ranger once. Got 82k miles on them tires and they still had a lil life left when I swapped em

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Welp.... Im gonna be in the market for new rubber before too long. Had one fella on here warn me off Michelins. My Firestones aint been too bad... but I ran Goodyear Wranglers on a Ford Ranger once. Got 82k miles on them tires and they still had a lil life left when I swapped em
    I've been running Goodyears for years now on several trucks and been happy with mileage and noise.

I work for Goodyear and get a decent discount so that helps with my decision.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

11. Thanks watersupply189, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Toyo finally priced me out of their tires this time around too. Ran their MT's for years and IMO the best mud tire on the market ....just not worth the asking price. I want with Cooper stt pro this time around after looking at pretty much every mt tire on the market. I was between the coopers and Patriots. Went with Cooper because 'merica and Patriots are made by federal. I also looked hard at nitto since it's the sister company of Toyo but still pricey.

I haven't had the cooper long enough to have a real opinion on them but my early impression is that they're no Toyo. Louder and rougher riding right out of the box. I don't mind the noise and ride so that's not a deal breaker....curious to see the mileage I get out of them because that's more important to me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234