Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Exhaust for Megacab any different from crew cab??

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust for Megacab any different from crew cab??

I've been looking into this for some time now and I guess I am unclear if the Megacab exhaust pieces will need to be any different from a standard crew cab due to the overall length difference? Is there a length difference? If so it it on the tail pieces, axle piece? If ordering a full TBE kit vs. a delete/"race pipe" is there a difference in what I need to order? And whats the difference in the cab and chassis exhaust systems?

At first I was going to do the full 5" TBE system... But have since been leaning more towards the 4" system and from what I gathered on my '14 MCSB, the delete pipe is really what is needed and no real gains in doing a full 4" TBE if existing system is in decent shape?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust for Megacab any different from crew cab??

Unless you are going with an off brand; most of the full TBE kits come with an extra straight piece that you use for the Megacabs and do not need to use for crew cabs.

It just slots in line with the other straight pieces between the down pipe and the bend over the axle.

I don't see why you would need any extra pieces if you are just doing delete pipes since they should be long enough to take the place of the SCR and DPF and the rest of your stock exhaust staying intact is already the proper length.

4. Thanks TX_2500_Cummins, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes TX_2500_Cummins, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX_2500_Cummins View Post
    I've been looking into this for some time now and I guess I am unclear if the Megacab exhaust pieces will need to be any different from a standard crew cab due to the overall length difference? Is there a length difference? If so it it on the tail pieces, axle piece? If ordering a full TBE kit vs. a delete/"race pipe" is there a difference in what I need to order? And whats the difference in the cab and chassis exhaust systems?

At first I was going to do the full 5" TBE system... But have since been leaning more towards the 4" system and from what I gathered on my '14 MCSB, the delete pipe is really what is needed and no real gains in doing a full 4" TBE if existing system is in decent shape?
    Yes they are all different. I forget the exact inch length but crew is different.

As said before look into the kit. If it says fits all it’s because there is a straight piece of pipe in the middle that you cut down. It’s length is set for long bed but you can cut it for Megacab or crew.

I hope this helps. I just installed my 4” on my Megacab and just cut it down to size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Laramie Graphite- pretty much stock for now.

Sold- 2010 Ram 2500 SLT- leveled, full delete.

6. Thanks TX_2500_Cummins, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes TX_2500_Cummins, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Unless you are going with an off brand; most of the full TBE kits come with an extra straight piece that you use for the Megacabs and do not need to use for crew cabs.

It just slots in line with the other straight pieces between the down pipe and the bend over the axle.

I don't see why you would need any extra pieces if you are just doing delete pipes since they should be long enough to take the place of the SCR and DPF and the rest of your stock exhaust staying intact is already the proper length.
    Makes total sense that a delete pipe is a delete pipe, as they are all the same parts regardless of configuration!

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Megacum View Post
    Yes they are all different. I forget the exact inch length but crew is different.

As said before look into the kit. If it says fits all it’s because there is a straight piece of pipe in the middle that you cut down. It’s length is set for long bed but you can cut it for Megacab or crew.

I hope this helps. I just installed my 4” on my Megacab and just cut it down to size.

Good to know you just did a mega.... I assume you did a full 4” TBE? Assuming it was a full TBE, was there a reason you went that route instead of just a delete/race pipe??

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX_2500_Cummins View Post
    Good to know you just did a mega.... I assume you did a full 4” TBE? Assuming it was a full TBE, was there a reason you went that route instead of just a delete/race pipe??

Yes it was a full kit.

I went that route because I found a kit on eBay that was like $280 or something. Going back to it on my 2018 I would’ve just done the delete pipe. It would’ve been easier on install.

2018 Ram 2500 Laramie Graphite- pretty much stock for now.

Sold- 2010 Ram 2500 SLT- leveled, full delete.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Megacum View Post
    Yes it was a full kit.

I went that route because I found a kit on eBay that was like $280 or something. Going back to it on my 2018 I would’ve just done the delete pipe. It would’ve been easier on install.

Good to know!

That's kinda what I have read from a lot of other members, that if staying with the 4" system on the '13+ trucks, the delete pipe is all that is really needed and certainly simplifies install.

Did you do a muffler or a resonator or have drone with the 4" or wish you had done one at any point?

14. Likes watersupply189, Megacum liked this post