Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Regen help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust Regen help

So i have an engine light, due to a small wiring issue that i plan to fix in the spring.

i have noticed though i have not had a single Regen occur since the wiring issue. does the system not do any Regens if there is an Engine light?

is there a way i can see how full my DPF is? is there a way i can get the system to preform a Regen process?

2. Thanks watersupply189, myfirstCTD thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Regen help

Quote Originally Posted by BuellBlackbelt View Post
    So i have an engine light, due to a small wiring issue that i plan to fix in the spring.

i have noticed though i have not had a single Regen occur since the wiring issue. does the system not do any Regens if there is an Engine light?

is there a way i can see how full my DPF is? is there a way i can get the system to preform a Regen process?
    What kind of wiring issue do you have? Yes your truck burning the soot off. If it didn’t your truck would clog up quickly, warn you and go into limp mode.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

My wiring issue is misfire in cyl 4. nothing with the injector. the dealership messed up the wiring a long story.

The engine runs great, gets 22 MPG while driving... but i used to get the Regen notice every 400-500 miles haven't had one in 2000 miles+

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BuellBlackbelt View Post
    My wiring issue is misfire in cyl 4. nothing with the injector. the dealership messed up the wiring a long story.

The engine runs great, gets 22 MPG while driving... but i used to get the Regen notice every 400-500 miles haven't had one in 2000 miles+
    Definitely take it back and have them fix their mistake for sure.
    It will only show Regen when the DPF reaches 90%, most the time it Regens in the background so to speak and you won’t see it on the dash.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

An Edge CTS monitor will show you the pressure differential in The DPF. Using that data you can infer how full the DPF is. It will also tell you anytime a Regen is commanded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I haven't ever seen an active Regen - what does it look like?

Is it an icon? or a message? anybody have a picture of what to expect?

I drive highway a lot and do some good towing... maybe I just dont need one.. have 5000 miles at least without ever seeing this message/light/icon/lamp/troll?

This is a good thread.

Thanks!

2017 Ram 3500

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Unless you have a monitor of some sort you will never know you are going through a regular Regen.

14. Thanks myfirstCTD thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smartdave View Post
    Unless you have a monitor of some sort you will never know you are going through a regular Regen.

So I know regular Regens are done all the time, but @BuellBlackbelt is talking about Active Regens? maybe I am getting confused...

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstCTD View Post
    I haven't ever seen an active Regen - what does it look like?

Is it an icon? or a message? anybody have a picture of what to expect?

I drive highway a lot and do some good towing... maybe I just dont need one.. have 5000 miles at least without ever seeing this message/light/icon/lamp/troll?

This is a good thread.

Thanks!

2017 Ram 3500
    I only saw an active Regen twice in 4 years prior to delete.

The percent completed just popped up on the vehicle information screen and counted down the progress in percentage then disappeared when completed.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

18. Thanks myfirstCTD thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thank you Sir.

20. Likes watersupply189, BAKER TWP FARM liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast