Likes Likes:  77
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking For Reviews/Opinions: Thuren Level W/King 2.0 Or Fox 2.0 W/Res

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Looking For Reviews/Opinions: Thuren Level W/King 2.0 Or Fox 2.0 W/Res

Quote Originally Posted by Lspaccio View Post
    So far can’t complain the truck looks good with the Kings and rides much better than stock.

Time will tell how they hold up after reading the negative comments about them from the one vendor.
    I'm not being negative.

They are fine if you keep it on the street.

The trouble is with guys that think driving on a dirt road is driving on the street.

The shock rides much softer than stock, so instead of driving 20mph on the road, they now drive 50, and that overheats the shock.

If they just stick to the slower speed, the shock will be just fine.

It's just a safer bet to get the aluminum bodies if you're going to get a 2.0 IFP shock.

Not only are they less expensive, they ride just as nice, and they have better cooling.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

OK that makes sense thanks for the detailed explanation.

3. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I am brining my own thread back from the dead. I figured I would follow up with a brief review and thoughts on the Thuren setup with sway and Fox shocks.

So I have about 25,000 miles on the suspension system and about 18,000 miles of towing or lots of weight in the bed so I can make an accurate comparison to stock versus Thuren. I went with the Thuren .5 lift since I have a factory rear air truck and I think the stance is perfect for me. The factory rear air trucks ride lower in the back. I also went with the fox remote shocks and I ran them with the factory sway before finding time to swap to the Thuren sway. The ride was greatly improved and the dampening of the Fox shocks is pretty pretty good; though at times I wish for a little more dampening up front.

The real change was the sway. I cannot believe how much that altered the feel and ride of the truck. The factory bar causes pretty strong rocking when going up or over things at an angle (like pulling into a driveway or turning into a parking lot). The Thuren sway nearly eliminated that motion and made such a difference around town and on the freeway. My wife commented on it and anyone that rides in my truck is surprised by how well it rides for a 3500. Of course there is a trade off. It does have more lean in the corners, but feels more "truck-like" (leaning in corners) when driving. It took some adjustment to driving style (no more Ricky Bobby) which is fine.

It should also be noted, I have never felt unsafe driving with a load in the back (as high as a foot over the cab (8ft bed)) or when towing our 38' GD 315RLTS loaded which is around 11,500 when loaded for camping and the bed packed with stuff (bikes, generator, tool box, etc). This driving includes several trips towing through the rocky mountains (So Cal - Denver), and several trips with the TT through steep grades (up and down) with tight turns and such.

Next week we pick up our new GD Solitude 390GK which will be equipped with a goose box and if anyone is interested I can provide thoughts with that combo as well.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

5. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Schoolbus View Post
    I am brining my own thread back from the dead. I figured I would follow up with a brief review and thoughts on the Thuren setup with sway and Fox shocks.

So I have about 25,000 miles on the suspension system and about 18,000 miles of towing or lots of weight in the bed so I can make an accurate comparison to stock versus Thuren. I went with the Thuren .5 lift since I have a factory rear air truck and I think the stance is perfect for me. The factory rear air trucks ride lower in the back. I also went with the fox remote shocks and I ran them with the factory sway before finding time to swap to the Thuren sway. The ride was greatly improved and the dampening of the Fox shocks is pretty pretty good; though at times I wish for a little more dampening up front.

The real change was the sway. I cannot believe how much that altered the feel and ride of the truck. The factory bar causes pretty strong rocking when going up or over things at an angle (like pulling into a driveway or turning into a parking lot). The Thuren sway nearly eliminated that motion and made such a difference around town and on the freeway. My wife commented on it and anyone that rides in my truck is surprised by how well it rides for a 3500. Of course there is a trade off. It does have more lean in the corners, but feels more "truck-like" (leaning in corners) when driving. It took some adjustment to driving style (no more Ricky Bobby) which is fine.

It should also be noted, I have never felt unsafe driving with a load in the back (as high as a foot over the cab (8ft bed)) or when towing our 38' GD 315RLTS loaded which is around 11,500 when loaded for camping and the bed packed with stuff (bikes, generator, tool box, etc). This driving includes several trips towing through the rocky mountains (So Cal - Denver), and several trips with the TT through steep grades (up and down) with tight turns and such.

Next week we pick up our new GD Solitude 390GK which will be equipped with a goose box and if anyone is interested I can provide thoughts with that combo as well.
    Thanks for the review.

Yes, definitely give your thoughts on the new GD 390DK.

Pics would be awesome of your setup.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

7. Likes Schoolbus, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Re: Looking For Reviews/Opinions: Thuren Level W/King 2.0 Or Fox 2.0 W/Res

Hey guys, I’m just going to give my input on the Thuren sway bar.

Hands down the BEST upgrade you can get for these trucks.

Very noticeable difference, and I’ve never felt unstable with heavy, high bed loads or my 5th wheel either.

2012 Mega Cab Long Box. CCS EFI Live. S475 over BD Screamer. Thuren Fab, Patton Fab, & EMF.

9. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123