Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  77
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Reviews/Opinions: Thuren Level W/King 2.0 Or Fox 2.0 W/Res

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking For Reviews/Opinions: Thuren Level W/King 2.0 Or Fox 2.0 W/Res

Greetings,

I will be purchasing a Thuren suspension kit for my 2016 3500 w/factory rear air in a few months. I have already spoken to them and decided on their .5" front springs and I planned on King 2.0's, but he said based on my future use to go with the Fox 2.0 w/remote res. I have looked at all of the major players and will not be considering any other manufactures.

The truck will be mostly street driven for the next 5 years or so until I retire, then my plan is to pull a ~14,000 pound 5th wheel around the states for a few years before settling down. Thuren said the Fox shocks will work better while towing heavy for prolonged distances. I didnt think based on those needs I would need the extra heat control of the Fox's.

Looking for ride/towing feedback from other 3500 owners, preferably with the factory rear air. I will take any feedback I can get.

Obviously there is a price bump so are the Fox 2.0's worth the extra cost?

What feedback do you all have to help me shape this decision?

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Not realy apples to apples but I have a 2500 running all Thuren.

2.75" springs and Fox 2.0 Remote up front and 1" Rear springs and King 2.0 in the rear. My truck is mostly hwy driving and couldn't be happier. Love the ride. My advice is If Don or the guys at Thuren are suggesting the fox shocks listen to them, they really know there stuff and are not ones to up sell for no reason just to make an extra dollar.

They are truly a first class operation from all my experiences.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply allbizns. I spoke to Chris and he was very detailed in his responses and why he recommended the remote res Fox over the King, but I like to make informed decisions with real world reviews. I will be sure to make a post about my experience (before, after, and towing) once I get the lift and shocks on in June.

it kinda like reading a critics review of a movie and then not watching or watching it and hating or loving it. If I see what actual movie goers say then I more likely to use that to balance my decision on if I watch a movie or not.

Kinda like the new Star Wars movie, not well reviewed critically, but fans liked it, my friends liked it, so I watched it and I thought it was pretty awesome.

5. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Get the Foxes.

The 2.0 King is a steel bodied 2.0 non-resi IFP shock. It has horrible cooling, that's why Carli stopped using them.

You're better off with a set of Fox 2.0 IFPs than those Kings.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

@Rhinopkc,

Thanks for the feedback.

I think that will be my direction heading down the road!

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

8. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Will follow here interesting to see what all you guys have for input.

When mine needs shocks etc, will upgrade to Carli or Thuren. Just need to find a shop locally that can install them.

After hurricane wiped out my home, not any place to be able to do my work unfortunately.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Can't speak about the Thuren for the new trucks, but this Carli system is AWESOME...https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ya6pFDWwvD3yYpz27

That's my personal truck and I can confirm it rides WAY better than stock, and once I figure what I am going to put in the bed I will get the right rear springs and then it will be even better.

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Not apples to apples either but I have a 2016 2500 also and I put a full thuren suspension in over Christmas, Chris at thuren was a tremendous help in helping me build a suspension 2.75 springs up front with fox ifp shocks ,adjustable track bar, and sway bar. I kept the stock springs in the rear because I tow and he suggested I put on a rear adjustable track bar with fox ifp shocks in rear the ride is night and day difference from stock.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Get the Foxes.

The 2.0 King is a steel bodied 2.0 non-resi IFP shock. It has horrible cooling, that's why Carli stopped using them.

You're better off with a set of Fox 2.0 IFPs than those Kings.
    Dang... King 2.0's is all I've had my heart set on for months... Thanks for the info..

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Use the $400 you'll save toward something like a torsion sway bar.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast