Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  77
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Reviews/Opinions: Thuren Level W/King 2.0 Or Fox 2.0 W/Res

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Looking For Reviews/Opinions: Thuren Level W/King 2.0 Or Fox 2.0 W/Res

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Use the $400 you'll save toward something like a torsion sway bar.
    Thuren said not to get the sway bar because I am going to be towing a heavy 5th wheel.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a torsion sway bar, and I tow a 17k fifth wheel.

I’m still alive.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I have a torsion sway bar, and I tow a 17k fifth wheel.

I’m still alive.
    Well color me curious. What is your feedback on the torsion sway bar vs the factory given you tow and I bet drive around town casually?

Did you tow the same trailer before and after the torsion sway bar? If so what are you observation there too?

I will never get to that weight with my SRW truck, but I am also not looking at trailers that big so any feedback on your experience would be welcome.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Get the Foxes.

The 2.0 King is a steel bodied 2.0 non-resi IFP shock. It has horrible cooling, that's why Carli stopped using them.

You're better off with a set of Fox 2.0 IFPs than those Kings.
    I wish you guys would have mentioned this when I bought my King 2.0’s and Thuren 2.75 springs and trackbar from you guys just recently.

You guys had good things to say about the King 2.0’s when I asked about getting those instead of the Fox 2.0’s.

I would have paid the extra once again for the Fox IFP units if they were that much better.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Dang, that sucks my friend. I am glad I asked the question here because I would not have known that either. I just wanted Kings because they were Kings LOL. Fox's it is. Now I just need to talk the wife into another $450 for a sway bar at some point. I am heavily invested already so I am pushing my luck LOL.

Of note, I do have a Fox Factory 34 fork on my hard tail Salsa and that was an excellent upgrade from my Rox Shox Reba RL.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

@Schoolbus

How are you liking the Thurman springs and foxes? Will to post up your own review of the ride difference?

2018 srw 3500

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lspaccio View Post
    I wish you guys would have mentioned this when I bought my King 2.0’s and Thuren 2.75 springs and trackbar from you guys just recently.

You guys had good things to say about the King 2.0’s when I asked about getting those instead of the Fox 2.0’s.

I would have paid the extra once again for the Fox IFP units if they were that much better.
    How are you liking the King 2.0s so far?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I have not had a chance to purchase and install.

I live in Abu Dhabi and will be doing the lift in June. I am rolling right into a long drive put about 5,000 miles on the truck.

Most of which will be done with a Trans Am riding on a car trailer.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    How are you liking the King 2.0s so far?
    So far can’t complain the truck looks good with the Kings and rides much better than stock.

Time will tell how they hold up after reading the negative comments about them from the one vendor.

16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Bump...

Keeping this thread alive for anyone who has any additional feedback.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Thanks watersupply189, Schoolbus thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast