Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  101
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pusher Compound Setup for 2016 RAM 2500

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Curious what kind of power you end up with when it's finished.

I have always been set on a 2nd Gen swap with a big single, but this is definitely intriguing for a different plug and play option.

Are you concerned about drive pressure at all keeping the VGT?
    I've also been set on the same thing but have slowly started shifting my view to a compound setup.

My dream build would be to replace the VGT with something different and add one of those new fleece electric exhaust brakes with this twin setup.

Probably have to take one step at a time though.

@Bpbertolacini you have any plans to get it on a dyno after the install?

I'm also curious about the power increase.

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

2. Likes watersupply189, Bubblehead liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Curious what kind of power you end up with when it's finished.

I have always been set on a 2nd Gen swap with a big single, but this is definitely intriguing for a different plug and play option.

Are you concerned about drive pressure at all keeping the VGT?
    They say drive pressure goes down with a compound but will see, as far as being worried no not really I got the 625's holding the fort down, just did a re-torque on them after 3000 miles and they were at 130lbs so I brought them back up to 150.

With the 10mm fleece pump and 90hp nozzels that dynomite diesel are currently rebuilding should be very stout on low and throughout the powerband.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scs210 View Post
    I've also been set on the same thing but have slowly started shifting my view to a compound setup.

My dream build would be to replace the VGT with something different and add one of those new fleece electric exhaust brakes with this twin setup.

Probably have to take one step at a time though.

@Bpbertolacini you have any plans to get it on a dyno after the install?

I'm also curious about the power increase.
    Yes once the truck is up and running , and i get a good break in period on it, I will be taking it to a dyno not far from where I live. You should talk to Joe over at dudes diesel performance. He can get you right into one of these kits, they are worth the money for sure and honestly it's a no brainer. I mean who just want only one turbo. LOL

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    They say drive pressure goes down with a compound but will see, as far as being worried no not really I got the 625's holding the fort down, just did a re-torque on them after 3000 miles and they were at 130lbs so I brought them back up to 150.

With the 10mm fleece pump and 90hp nozzels that dynomite diesel are currently rebuilding should be very stout on low and throughout the powerband.
    Yea, I'm sure you will be fine then.

That is interesting on the 625 re-torque, since everyone says you don't need to.

You've got a lot more going on than just the compounds so I'm sure it will rip pretty good.

I'm a ways off, probably do a built trans before anything else, but then the biggest single stock fuel can handle, with room to go up as well.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I was surprised at the re torque results as well but that's why I checked them every truck is different.

Always check if you can.

The only thing I don't want to do is bend a rod or window the block so I will be driving with that in mind.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Looking good! When do you get your injectors back?

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Yes once the truck is up and running , and i get a good break in period on it, I will be taking it to a dyno not far from where I live. You should talk to Joe over at dudes diesel performance. He can get you right into one of these kits, they are worth the money for sure and honestly it's a no brainer. I mean who just want only one turbo. LOL
    Thank you for the referral friend.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Any time.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #30
    Hey guys before you buy, there’s an article floating around a few diesel magazines the breaking points of the cummins bottom end (Connecting Rods) for some it’s common knowledge others a quick google search. Anyway my point is compounds are great if you know what setup to run and try to tune the fuel off the bottom end to come on later. With that said the almighty Ray even bent some rods with a compound setup, it doesn’t even need to be bigger compounds stock over 475 can do the trick also. With a single the torque comes on later so it’s not as hard on the rods, I always wanted compounds but knowing the issues that could lie ahead I always went the single route. There’s also the myth a single can’t make as much power and a single can’t tow as good, which are wrong. It’s all in proper sizing. I would say on stock fuel you guys would be fine with the setup you’re wanting, but if you have intentions in adding fuel down the road you may want to do a little research. Not hi jacking your thread just playing a little devils advocate here for anyone who wants some information. @DudesDiesel can also get some nice single kits!!!!!! LOL you wouldn’t think I’m married as much as I talk about the single life ??

2018 2500, G56, SSSB3600, Arp625 Head studs, Arp Manifold studs,BD Diesel FMW 467.7 2nd gen swapped, MM3 Custom tuning by Ray, Ceramic Pro Gold, Toyo Mt 33x12.50x20, Hostile Sprocket 20x10 -19, Fass 165, DDP 150 sticks,10mm exergy stroker pump, Bd Throttle Booster, Money Pit! The fass165 150 sticks and 10mm pump did ok but was running out of rail for anyone interested. It's now gonna have DDP 100%'s, DDP 12mm pump and a FASS 250gph

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast