Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Moving OBD2 Port?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Moving OBD2 Port?

Has anybody moved their OBD2 port?

After getting my MM3 I have bumped the plug/OBD port and my wife who is much shorter than me has to move the seat up and has also bumped the connector.

I haven't looked under there to see how hard it will be to move but I will take a look today looking for ideas.

2017 Tradesman Bright white, Blacked out OEM headlights, 7" EVIC dash/screen, tinted windows including windshield, 2" HBS leveling kit w/2" shock extensions, 18x9 Procomp Series 5034 Rockwell wheels, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, ARE Overland topper, LED bed lights (Walmart), 8.4 Uconnect w/nav, 7spd AC fan switch, OEM back up camera, S&B intake, CCV delete, MM3 from DRD, 4" FloPro DP back exhaust, BD Diesel Performance grid heater delete, Twin ram 3.5" intake horn, RevMax Trans cooler bypass

2. Likes nuckle liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Moving OBD2 Port?

I popped mine out of the stock mount, connected it to the MM3 plug and zip tied it up out of the way under the dash.

It’s still right there in the same area if needed.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

4. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Moving OBD2 Port?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnzz17 View Post
    Has anybody moved their OBD2 port?

After getting my MM3 I have bumped the plug/OBD port and my wife who is much shorter than me has to move the seat up and has also bumped the connector.

I haven't looked under there to see how hard it will be to move but I will take a look today looking for ideas.
    That's the most practical idea.

I think the mount for the port is part of the metal stamping.

On my 03, there's not allot of wire to allow too much movement.

Not sure on the 4th Gens.

Quote Originally Posted by mseitz24 View Post
    I popped mine out of the stock mount, connected it to the MM3 plug and zip tied it up out of the way under the dash.

It’s still right there in the same area if needed.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC