Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: CST2

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

CST2

I don't know if this has been asked here yet, but I'm looking for a fairly simple explanation.

I'm looking at getting a tuner for my truck and I think I've settled on the MM3, however I like the display of the CST2 from what I've seen.

Is there the ability to have custom tunes loaded to the CST2 and be able to SOTF, as well as transmission tuning?

Would I have to also purchase an autocal and flash the ECM to have all these abilities?

Thanks for the help!

2. Likes Power247, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: CST2

Quote Originally Posted by laramiecummins View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked here yet, but I'm looking for a fairly simple explanation.

I'm looking at getting a tuner for my truck and I think I've settled on the MM3, however I like the display of the CST2 from what I've seen.

Is there the ability to have custom tunes loaded to the CST2 and be able to SOTF, as well as transmission tuning?

Would I have to also purchase an autocal and flash the ECM to have all these abilities?

Thanks for the help!
    MM3 and Edge do not have any cross platform integration.

You can install the tune with the MM3 and then use the CTS2 for monitoring but if you want to change tunes you will need to plug the MM3 back in.

An alternate solution could be using a ODB splitter and a 5 position switch to change tunes while monitoring with the CTS2.

I have not seen anyone do this but in theory it shod work.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    MM3 and Edge do not have any cross platform integration.

You can install the tune with the MM3 and then use the CTS2 for monitoring but if you want to change tunes you will need to plug the MM3 back in.

An alternate solution could be using a ODB splitter and a 5 position switch to change tunes while monitoring with the CTS2.

I have not seen anyone do this but in theory it shod work.

Greg
    Greg,

Sorry I didn't explain myself in the original post. I am interested in either or, not both. Either I would go with the complete MM3 setup, or I would get the CST2 for monitoring and have a tuner such as EFI live. Just wondering if anyone here has done something like that and has any feedback?
    Thanks

6. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by laramiecummins View Post
    Greg,

Sorry I didn't explain myself in the original post. I am interested in either or, not both. Either I would go with the complete MM3 setup, or I would get the CST2 for monitoring and have a tuner such as EFI live. Just wondering if anyone here has done something like that and has any feedback?
    Thanks
    Ahh, gotcha.

You would still have to have a switch for changing tunes as CTS2 is only capable of changing tunes when coupled with the Juice with Attitude module.

Box tunes in the JWA module will not compare to custom tuning.

We have several guys here on the forum that currently run or have run tuning via EFILive, hopefully one of them will chime it with thier experience.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Ahh, gotcha.

You would still have to have a switch for changing tunes as CTS2 is only capable of changing tunes when coupled with the Juice with Attitude module.

Box tunes in the JWA module will not compare to custom tuning.

We have several guys here on the forum that currently run or have run tuning via EFILive, hopefully one of them will chime it with thier experience.

Greg
    Thanks Greg, much appreciated!

I'm definitely looking for custom tunes, not just box tunes.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post