Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Pair of 10" Subs in a Crew Cab and keep Flat Floor?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Question Pair of 10" Subs in a Crew Cab and keep Flat Floor?

Hello guys,

I have a pair of Alpine 10" subs from a previous vehicle and an amp for them that I loved and I would like to install them in my 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie crew cab.

My truck has the 8.4 Uconnect and Alpine speakers already, with the small sub and box under the passenger rear seat.

I would ideally be able to put the pair of 10's and amp UNDER the rear seat, but still be able to maintain the fold flat floor piece for driving with my dog...

Does anyone know how to do so and still be able to have space to fold the seats up and down and have them be usable? Or am I asking too much?

I have already seen boxes that work under the seat, but they seem to delete the fold flat floor piece and I would like to avoid doing so.

Thank you in advance and pics are appreciated if anyone has them.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Pair of 10" Subs in a Crew Cab and keep Flat Floor?

I don't think there’s enough room.

Even if there was that fold out platform would probably rattle like crazy with subs underneath.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of trying to get some 8” shallow mount subs in the rear doors where the stock speakers are to get a little bass in the system.

I think it can be done but music isn't a real high priority and that’s money better spent elsewhere so it’s never been more than an idea.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

4. Thanks Lethal Cover thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Cover View Post
    Hello guys,

I have a pair of Alpine 10" subs from a previous vehicle and an amp for them that I loved and I would like to install them in my 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie crew cab.

My truck has the 8.4 Uconnect and Alpine speakers already, with the small sub and box under the passenger rear seat.

I would ideally be able to put the pair of 10's and amp UNDER the rear seat, but still be able to maintain the fold flat floor piece for driving with my dog...

Does anyone know how to do so and still be able to have space to fold the seats up and down and have them be usable? Or am I asking too much?

I have already seen boxes that work under the seat, but they seem to delete the fold flat floor piece and I would like to avoid doing so.

Thank you in advance and pics are appreciated if anyone has them.
    I just did this measurements as I was looking at new trucks the other week.

To get proper depth for full depth Alpine subs there isn't enough room under the fold flat floor.

Even if there was, there still wouldn't be enough room for the speaker excursion.

Low profile subs could be made to fit but they just don't play loud or low enough for my tastes.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks Lethal Cover thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have a kicker 40tcwrt124 it fits perfect behind the seat.

They are discontinued now but You could have a box built to the measurements.

I did have to trim some of the carpet out from behind the seat to make it fit.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Had 2 12"s in an 06...had to remove fold flat for it to fit.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Fyi the 7" pioneer will fit in oem box.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post